Fireworks stores

1/12/15 @ 7:09 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I understand that fireworks have a huge mark up but what's with all the fancy new firework stores around the state? There doesn't ever seem to be any cars in the lots and these stores have to cost a mint to build plus they all seem to be in great (expensive) locations.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
1/20/15 @ 10:52 AM
POPPER
POPPER
USER since 6/20/01
Why does it seem that the people who can afford it the least spend the most on fireworks?????

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 11:37 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
USER since 11/19/09
Scales. M-80's, I can make them. My understanding is that the felony is in transporting them.

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 11:32 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
USER since 11/19/09
O.K. Most of us buy a few things in these stores, < $ 100.00. There are people that buy > $ 1,000.00 at a time.

I'm a Firefighter (Volley) was in a town that had 4-5 Pro displays per year. I watched on standby as they set things up then set them off.

Went to MO to visit my son who was an Army EOD Tech for the 4th.

No we did not use any military stuff.

The prices in MO were quite less than WI and they discounted me for being an FF. Yes, we understood each other when using the cannon fuse to do chain reactions. Light the fuse grab a beer and watch. Awesome.

If you ever get a chance visit Reeves Boomland. I believe it is on the AR state line.

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 6:01 PM
Fishscales
Fishscales
USER since 3/2/03
BT i remember when i was a kid my dad had bought a few M-80s. He would throw them down by the lake and watch the shoreline light up. On time he threw one in the lake. i think the lake dropped an inch or two after words. LOL..

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 4:29 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
I've pondered the same thing ditto...

Newer buildings right off of the expressway, and only open 1 month before and after the fourth of July.

Must be a fair amount of profit - only open 3 months and make enough to support the physical structure and tax bill.

Maybe the rest of us are in the wrong line of work....

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 12:51 PM
lvtofish
lvtofish
USER since 2/2/05
Ditto, they are making lots of money obviously.

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 11:43 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Do those fancy fireworks stores actually have the good stuff under the counter? I've honestly never checked. Back when I was a kid, we used drive out west to visit family in Washington and Oregon every other summer. We'd go through Montana and stop at the fireworks stands on the way. I remember being like 10 years old and buying what might now be considered high explosives. I was like the most popular kid in the neighborhood when I'd get home. We'd spend the day lighting them off and then hiding from the cops. Good times.

I remember when they did outlaw the heavy stuff in Montana, you could still get it. You just had to grease the guy behind the counter a little.

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 11:30 AM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Not sure why but I thought of this after reading fireworks?

Joe Dirt: So you're gonna tell me that you don't have no black cats, no Roman Candles, or screaming mimis?

Kicking Wing: No.

Joe Dirt: Oh come on, man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?

Kicking Wing: No, I don't.

Joe Dirt: You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?

Kicking Wing: No... because snakes and sparklers are the only ones I like.

Joe Dirt: Well that might be your problem, it's not what you like, it's the consumer

Post Your Comment