Elk River Custom Rods. Fantastic Customer service!

8/28/15 @ 3:55 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fishs
fishs
USER since 2/17/04
On a recent fishing trip I somehow broke the last inch of my 7' Elk River rod I bought from a friend who won it at a raffle. The value of the rod was around $160.00. I figured I was going to be fishing with a 6'11". For the heck of I checked their web site and found to my surprise was a 5 year no hassle warranty. I didn't have a receipt but the build date is inked on the rod. Talked to one of the owners and he immediately shipped me a new replacement and I shipped back the broken on to see if it was a defect or my own clumsiness that broke the tip. I Spoke with the owner today to see what I owed them and his answer was "nothing". I figured I would owe them $25.00 to $50.00 per the warranty, which I would have gladly paid. What a great experience so if your looking fro a high end custom rod I suggest you check them out. Their located in Phillips Wis and if you have any questions you will probably be talking to the owner of the company.
Edited on 8/28/15 3:58 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
8/28/15 @ 7:16 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Have a few friends with Elk River rods, all say good things about the rods and their dealings with the company

Post Your Comment
8/28/15 @ 6:37 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I'd like to know what blanks they use. I've asked and I couldn't get a direct answer.

Post Your Comment
8/28/15 @ 6:34 PM
fishs
fishs
USER since 2/17/04
I have a couple what I would call high end rods, Fenwicks which I really like. The Elk River is a very nice addition to my 40 fishing rod family. I really can't compare it to a St Croix cause I don't own own. I was just so impressed with the service I received. It was like a step back in time about 30-50 years.

Post Your Comment
8/28/15 @ 5:53 PM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
USER since 5/22/15
Great story; customer service is lacking with so many companies. I've seen them on racks in stores. How do you like them compared to St. Croix for example (if you have a St. Croix).

Post Your Comment