Dishwasher Needed

9/30/15 @ 10:21 PM
ORIGINAL POST
44/45
44/45
MEMBER since 3/9/11
In need for a built in dishwasher. Reviews are all over the board. Any Cinderella stories out there. What brand should I avoid? Wondering
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts
10/1/15 @ 2:48 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
I put GE in all my flip's and have a GE at our cabin. They have great customer service! If something goes out in the unit out of warranty they work with you. We have a kitchenaid at home you almost have to open it to make sure it's actually running it's so quite.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 2:36 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
I just got a GE dishwasher. Slate colored. Mid-level washer in the $700 range. Great unit. Very quiet and easy to use.

As stated, get stainless steel on the inside and make sure the racks are solid.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 1:24 PM
Musky99
Musky99
USER since 8/8/11
stay away from Kenmore.

It had a 1 year wrnty like most do. Owned it for 13 months and the upper rack broke. Their service man came out and gave us an estimate. The estimate was for almost half the purchase price. There was no give on the 1 month being out of wrnty.

Still have it runs and cleans fine. I just do not think they last.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 11:59 AM
kyl_me
kyl_me
USER since 7/21/08
Bosch here as well. Very impressed with how well it cleans and how quiet it is. Not a fast runner, but gets the job done. We have large plates, if you do as well, take one with you to ensure what you select can hold your plates. The washer that came with our house was too small to hold our plates.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 10:41 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Bosch, get one. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 10:31 AM
waltereye sr.
waltereye sr.
USER since 6/25/01
LG is NG. GE is VG. Top of the line model

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 8:54 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
have a Maytag, about 10 yrs old, and pretty quiet... nicest features, imo is a top shelf that adjusts to accommodate taller items

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 8:31 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
I would agree with Bosch. They make some very quiet models. That is what we have at our house.

If you go cheap they are ridiculously loud. I got one for nothing that I put in at our cabin and you can't even hear the TV when its running.

Bosch seemed to be a little bigger inside too. We have some pretty large plates and they did not fit in all brands.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 7:31 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
Buy a Bosch. Had one while in Germany and never a lick of trouble over 5 years of heavy use. Our Frigidaire, which we paid over a grand for over 5 years ago had nothing but problems and finally gave out a few months ago. We bought a Bosch and it purrs like a kitten. Only puts out 46 decibals. So quite that it actually has a light that shines on the floor to let you know that it is running. I think we paid around $800. Very good reviews and we are very satified with the purchase.

Post Your Comment
9/30/15 @ 11:11 PM
swamp people
swamp people
USER since 5/14/12
i had a dish washer for years, then one day she moved out. watch out for the red headed ones they can be temperamental Big Smile

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts