Direct TV vs Dish Network

2/1/15 @ 7:03 AM
ORIGINAL POST
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
MEMBER since 3/14/06
Pros and cons? We're dumping Charter. Our bundled package of TV, Internet, and Phone has climbed over $200.00. Any other options? Any input is appreciated! Thank you!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts
8/26/16 @ 11:11 AM
Cambridge
Cambridge
USER since 3/21/14

I vote for Sling TV too. I just dumped Direct TV after 15+ years. Bought a Roku stick for a one time price of $39 at walmart. Stick it in your HDMI port and then subscribe to Sling TV for $20 month.  That's $100 per month savings for me, $1200/year, $2400/2 years and so on. Adds up really fast.

Oh, you do need an antenna too (mine is in the atic).  I get an awesome digital picture too better than I had with DIrect.

Been using for 3 months and don't miss dish at all!

Tried to renegotiate my Direct Tv rate before all this. They wouldn't help at all, so now there gone...there loss.

Might as well get on the tv streaming wagon, I really think that's where all tv is going anyways

Post Your Comment
8/25/16 @ 5:11 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Just cancel your service and sign up in your wife's name when they offer a deal.  Directv will keep offering you deals and gift cards to come back.  When her contract expires, take the deal and sign back up in your name.  They want two year committments, just get a set price for that time.  Every two years do the flip flop, and stay on the cheap.  

Post Your Comment
8/25/16 @ 3:56 AM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10

They will ALL give you a deal for the first 6 months to a year. The second year is when they put the screws to ya..

Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 11:59 PM
shadling1
shadling1
USER since 1/17/12

Depends what u want to watch and how much time u spend in front of the TV. I dumped cable a year and a half ago and will never go back. All i do is stream netflix and hulu now. Enough to watch to for the 1-1.5 hours of tv I might watch in a day. I missed sports at first but now could care less. Though there are still options for sports. Plus no commercials. I honestly never knew how much time and $$$ I wasted watching TV in a month until i dumped cable. 

Edited on 8/25/16 12:01 AM
Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 11:06 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07

frenchbrit, call Directv. We got our bill lowered from $109 to $48. Just be friendly on the phone and let them know that you want to cancel for another provider deal.

Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 9:07 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
USER since 5/19/10

Buy a Streamsmart Pro box and it will blow you away...Google Streamsmart..I have the S4 and am upgrading to the new Pro. You get all pay per view events as well as 100 fishing shows.  I can put you in contact with a rep.  It will be your best investment

Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 5:50 PM
skeeterbite
skeeterbite
USER since 4/12/14

I have dish and have package that gives me wfn, outdoor, sportsmen, pursuit. And espn 2 has bassmaster elites and nbcsports has flw, roland martin, scott martin challenge, timmy horton when there new episodes. Love wfn i get to watch mariko izumi, hot stuff there.

Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 3:41 PM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
MEMBER since 7/24/01

Are there other options that I have other than Direct TV or Dish? My bill with Direct just keeps going up and we really only watch a few channels. But the ones we do watch are all parts of packages so we have no choice. I'm thinking of going to just the basics and see if some other options are out there for watching some of our favorite shows without the big packages. Anyone help? We cannot get cable. (rural) 

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 3:24 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
yeah you had to get a more expensive package to get those channels where with direct tv i got them with out upgrading my package.

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 2:52 PM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01
Central, I have had Dish Network for about 15 years and they have always carried the Brewers. They are on channel 440 something. I hit the search button type in Brewers - select the program you want - and push the Create Timer button - It will come on automatically. You can even set it to come on a minute or 2 early if you want( works real good for pi$$ing off the wife by cutting off the last few minutes of her show) Big Smile

You can also use the simple on screen guide.

I have also get Fox Sport Wisconsin on Dish, I don't know what you had?

Edited on 2/13/15 2:56 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts