USER since 6/18/01
Greatest NHL franchise of all-time! Let's talk wings: 'hey-hey hockeytown'
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 520 Posts
3/5/15 @ 7:04 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Wow, really had to dig this thread up! Saw my first Wings game at The Joe this week vs the Rangers! Was a blast, Wings beat them in OT!

Post Your Comment
3/5/15 @ 7:04 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 7:22 PM
GP
GP
USER since 6/18/01
Problem is cupboards are bare as far as FA's go. I don't see anything worth bidding on so unfortunately it may take moving some prospects. Franzen has a mule of a contract. He's a long term anchor on the cap. Quincey is a tough call, because he's not worth money he's getting, but not much else available. He played better with Danny. Sami, Bert, cleary, monster should all be gone.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 1:02 PM
by the finn
by the finn
USER since 9/4/01
Wings always had potential for Cup contention. Now they are in contention just to make playoffs. Huge drop off for many reasons. 6 goals in 5 playoff games?? Kids stepped up during reg season to get team into playoffs. Hard to expect them to elevate to another level for playoffs. They maxed out and didn't have another level like veteran playoff teams do. Not their fault, will be fine. Need to add 2 more vets. I put Franzen on 4th line all year next year. Money will dictate the most important off season yet. Bring Alfie back for sure, Bert and Cleary prob gone. Quincy got better toward end. Need to focus on getting better forwards and centers who can control neutral zone like B's did. Stronger with more grit. Way too much energy wasted making turnovers in own zone all year. Always tough to see it end. Cupboards not bare just need to add a few key pieces.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 6:00 AM
GP
GP
USER since 6/18/01
t's just nice to see them invest in the future instead of hoping some old vets can bail them out.

Hey, don't knock the model, it worked and it wasn't in a hope of bailing them out. It was a cup contention model. Remember, for a long time there was a younger core. Heck I remember when Dats was on the 'kid line'. Unfortunately, they did have to deal a bit of the younger talent to bring in ready to go vets. This series with the B's is a perfect example of why wings of past brought in NHL ready players versus relying on "the future" but I agree with the new cap rules the model must also adapt.

Post Your Comment
4/25/14 @ 2:19 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07
Detroit is a team of the future for sure. They are up there with the Avalanche, Blues and some others. If you're a Wings fan, it's just nice to see them invest in the future instead of hoping some old vets can bail them out.

Post Your Comment
4/25/14 @ 6:02 AM
GP
GP
USER since 6/18/01
Much better effort tonight, they've not been able to step on a teams throat with a lead all year. Actually, not since Lidstrom retired. They should have found a way to win up 2-0. Hey, heck of a season, the future still looks bright. The youth was very impressive this year, the sting of this will be a motivator, and wings can unload some older heavy, no trade contracts this off-season as well. GO WINGS!!

Post Your Comment
4/24/14 @ 9:25 PM
beanbag
beanbag
USER since 12/17/09
Down to the wire.

Post Your Comment
4/23/14 @ 10:09 AM
by the finn
by the finn
USER since 9/4/01
sorry to say but the fat lady is singing with a huge pitch fork. ouch. bruins will be in the cup finals in my op.

Post Your Comment
4/21/14 @ 12:54 PM
GP
GP
USER since 6/18/01
Yeah, ugly yesterday

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 520 Posts