Deep cycle batteries

4/2/15 @ 9:49 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Rusty Hooks
Rusty Hooks
MEMBER since 5/22/08
Can I get some advice on buying Marine deep cycle batteries for my elc. trolling motor (24v) What brand, type etc.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
4/11/15 @ 6:59 AM
JethroBodine
JethroBodine
USER since 12/21/01
The Optima batteries are supposed to last twice as long, but they cost twice as much.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us/experience/power-source/how-long-will-my-car-battery-last/

My own experience is they last a long time, but cost a lot. I do like the sealed/lighter aspects of them.

Edited on 4/11/15 7:00 AM
Post Your Comment
4/8/15 @ 3:20 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
good luck finding one that lasts long now days 2 to 3 years is what they last.

Post Your Comment
4/8/15 @ 9:30 AM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
I was using only the Wal-mart Everstart Batteries for years (about 12 or so), as they would last about 6-8 years. I just had one die (their top of the line) and it was about 2.5 years old, just past the warranty. The nice folks at Wal-mart were not interested in doing at least something for me seeing it was just out of warranty. Not even a store credit, recognizing that I got a dud. So, no more Everstart batteries for me. A company needs to stand in good faith behind their products, even if just out of warranty. Maybe I am asking too much. Either way, I'm done with them now. I have a Minn Kota deep cell that is a back-up (not made anymore) that is 20 years old and still takes a good charge. Now that is quality. Looking for one now too, and not impressed with the life span of any of them. The AGM batteries do not last longer, just stronger and faster charging and very expensive.

Post Your Comment
4/6/15 @ 4:45 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02
What Fish Hound said

Post Your Comment
4/6/15 @ 4:43 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Remy gets a thumbs up here... was my Dad's then my source for batteries, car, truck or boat... until I moved out of the area

Post Your Comment
4/6/15 @ 2:42 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
Had good luck with Remy Batteries. Located 4301 lincoln ave in Milwaukee.

Post Your Comment
4/6/15 @ 2:22 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
buy cheap replace every 3 to 4 years. my dad has 8 year old fleet farm brand on his 24 volt system hes finally replacing this year.

Post Your Comment
4/2/15 @ 12:18 PM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
Several threads discussing this up in the "Boats and Motors" thread.

I've been using the Walmart EverStart MAXX Group Size 29, with outstanding results. At just under $100 there is no better battery for the money and has a full two year replacement policy. One set I have are going into their 6th season with three on the boat, one for the "house" battery and two for the 24 volt trolling motor.

Be sure to get the MAXX which is their premium battery. Actually read the reviews on the Walmart page and you'll see I'm not the only one having great luck with them. They are made by Johnson Controls, a company with it's headquarters in Milwaukee.

Post Your Comment
4/2/15 @ 9:56 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
I have been using Cabelas AGM batteries and have been very satisfied ...

Post Your Comment