Craigslist

6/9/14 @ 8:48 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
Thought there was a thread on Craigslist, but can't seem to find it. I posted an ad on Craigslist on Sunday and someone who goes by the name James Albert sent me this reply: Thanks for the prompt response to my mail... I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from C.LIST due to disturbance and i will be giving you $50 for keeping the item for me... Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank ..I will need the following details to mail the payment as soon as possible... Name to be on the payment... Home address___ City____ State____ Zip Code_____ Cell phone #______ final price____ I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have your money.. I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3 working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone # and will receive your calls via email ** N.B USPS do deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks Do I live under a rock? Does anybody really fall for this???? I emailed him back and said "Dear James, get lost" Looking back, I should have messed with him and told him my name was Bill Hollins, and I live at 123 Canal Street. Then when I didn't receive his check, I could email him and ask him to send another. If nothing else I could of soaked up some of his time, made him waste a few bucks on postage and fake checks, and maybe prevented him from scamming somebody else.
Edited on 6/10/14 5:29 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts
12/18/16 @ 8:21 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/off/5924621409.html

Post Your Comment
12/4/16 @ 6:48 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01

Looks like its still free to me. I just went and looked at it and it appears its still free.

Post Your Comment
12/4/16 @ 6:33 PM
RodBend'r
RodBend'r
USER since 5/19/04

I've had an ad on Craigslist for sale atv/utv for the past 2 months.  I just logged on to CL to renew the ad and they want $5.00 now.  Wth?  They want a credit card payment.  Visa, Master card, or Discover.

I've been selling on CL for years now and have never seen this before.

Is Craigslist charging for all ad's now?   

Post Your Comment
8/10/16 @ 1:57 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01

I'm selling two items right now.  The three things that drive me nuts are:

1. Guy calls me 3 times Monday to come out and look at the item.  Leave work early, hustle home.  Try calling 3 times, leave message and never hear from him.

2. Guy sends me 2 text messages, 847 area code.  Call him and he does not speak English at all.  Couldn't even tell you what language it was.

3.  Get a text from some clown offering 1/2 my price and can pick the item up ASAP.  Replied with, "Sure, as soon as you come up with the other 1/2."

Post Your Comment
8/5/16 @ 10:37 AM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01

There as a post earlier this week under the "General" category, for the Milwaukee area, where the guy is "..selling his soul to the highest bidder..." because he is in tough financial straits.

Got a laugh on that.

Post Your Comment
8/4/16 @ 12:59 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

I am with you, most times I will hang up on scammers or ignore them, but there are times when I am in a mood that I will mess with them.  I was looking at a gun on Armslist once.  You know the story, I need the money etc, send me 1/2 the money and I will send the gun.  Ok I said what is your address, I feel bad for you, let me send you 75% of the money.  Of course I didn't, but that guy sure thought I was going to.  He even emailed me once or twice asking where the moeny was.  I strung him along for a while, oh sorry I didn't get to the post office yesterday, will go tomorro etc.  I had fun.

Post Your Comment
8/1/16 @ 10:00 PM
antler junkie
antler junkie
USER since 8/17/05

That thing would be great for Sturgis. It would definitely  turn some heads.

Post Your Comment
8/1/16 @ 8:52 PM
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08
Post Your Comment
11/20/14 @ 7:06 PM
fishs
fishs
MEMBER since 2/17/04
Success again on Craigslist. Sold the daughters car 4 hours after listing it.

Post Your Comment
11/8/14 @ 8:10 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
Oh my gosh benuts...

That was funny in a Dumb and Dumber sort of way - I almost had tears in my eyes

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts