Cougar sighting

2/20/18 @ 9:57 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Drawsbaby
Drawsbaby
USER since 5/7/03

Cougar sighting on home surveillance camera near Milwaukee. I wonder if the DNR is going to say it was a pet that escaped. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46 Posts
10/6/18 @ 11:53 AM
Herky
Herky
USER since 6/12/03

Cougars been here a long time for those wondering.  35 yrs ago I was fox hunting near our family farm in Grant co. WI.  I was slowly driving down our road and saw a large cougar crossing the neighbors ridge in an alfalfa field.  I jumped out with my rifle to get a looksy in the scope.  That thing saw me and and crouched down and kinda slithered quickly through the alfalfa and over the ridge.  Just missed getting him scoped he only had to go 50 feet or so to get out of sight and he knew it. 

That encounter made the back of my hair stand straight up like never before.  I went home and dad took one glance at me and asked me what was wrong.  I told him I seen something on the neighbors ridge but there wasnt supposed to be any of them around.  He asked what it was and  I told him.  Sure made me pay more attention for years out hunting and fishing around there.

I did call the DNR and reported it.  They told me there are no cougars in Wisconsin lol.

Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 8:20 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I was with you PP, no worries!

Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 6:12 PM
ayeFeesh
ayeFeesh
USER since 5/17/11
Heard second hand reports of a cougar sighting in the Lac Du Flambeau area within the last two weeks....

Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 2:01 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

Dude, I was trying for a joking thing as well...just could not think of the "proper" imo thingy..

btw, I think I will start now...on the drunk phool deal...

Dave I did not mean to forget about your pugs...those pics made my cheeks and jaws hurt from the laughing...

Edited on 10/5/18 2:03 PM
Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 11:13 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

No pick-up.. it is a Pug Pooping Potpourri

Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 11:04 AM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Don't you get PO'd about those people's prowling pack of pugs pooping on your property or do they pick up ?

Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 10:30 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I keep telling my neighbor that there is a leash law in our County.. nothing worse than a pack of Pug’s off leash...

Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 10:19 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I think it is due to feral Pug’s fornicating in the Woods..

Edited on 10/5/18 2:07 PM
Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 10:09 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

The difference between now and 10-15 years ago are the one billion trail cameras deployed throughout the state making detections of a small number of cats much more likely, and more importantly much easier to substantiate and confirm. 

What's with all the logic?  There is zero place for that in a conversation about cougars in WI.     

Edit:  The "crying laughing" emoji is one indication that I'm joking.  

-The drunker fool

Edited on 10/5/18 10:11 AM
Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 9:31 AM
Fishsqueezer
Fishsqueezer
USER since 5/19/06

They’ve probably been passing through here and there for pretty much ever. I’m not really up on the cougar population trends out west but I’d guess they’d be relatively stable to slightly increasing. Young males disperse looking for new territory or else face death. They just keep going since they can’t find females, which don’t widely disperse. The difference between now and 10-15 years ago are the one billion trail cameras deployed throughout the state making detections of a small number of cats much more likely, and more importantly much easier to substantiate and confirm. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46 Posts