MORE
General Discussion

Cool things you built at home or at work

6/10/19 @ 2:53 PM
INITIAL POST
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Built this shelf for a little more room in our pantry.

Cool things you built at home or at work photo by westfieldW
Displaying 1 to 15 of 485 posts
3/30/24 @ 10:10 AM
mskyadk
PRO MEMBER User since 11/11/01
Got it closed up. Now it's sand, seal then sand some more and more. In About 3 weekends the artwork will begin, going to wood burn artwork.
Cool things you built at home or at work photo by mskyadk
3/8/24 @ 9:07 PM
Moon River
PRO MEMBER User since 12/8/22
Definitely nicer looking than the stone. Just me maybe!!
3/8/24 @ 4:25 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
a while ago, the GFwas thinking about getting a wood mantle for her fireplace instead of a plain concrete block hanging on the wall, I said I think I could handle that !!!
it's amazing what you can do with some flat pine boards, a piece of floor shoe base and a piece of trim of some type....she loves it 😀 
Cool things you built at home or at work photo by Sswpriz
Cool things you built at home or at work photo by Sswpriz
2/20/24 @ 9:23 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Mskyadk,45 years ago I saw my first wood strip canoe and swore I would build one some day.  Eventually I discovered Royalex canoes then kevlar canoes then in  1999 I discovered roto molded kayaks that wont be destroyed in Class V rivers.  Ive owned and sold about 25 kayaks since then.  I even destroyed a few.  Wood is beautiful but plastic is outright amazing. 
2/20/24 @ 6:39 PM
mskyadk
Bud...a buck fifty nine. The relief is.....too much to calculate. 
2/20/24 @ 6:18 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Nice, as much as I like wood working and a cedar strip kayak, that's probably the route I would take.
2/20/24 @ 5:11 PM
mskyadk
This just saved me 100hrs, ahhhhh
2/13/24 @ 5:28 PM
mskyadk
Next project is to repair the 1st one. The wife gave a challenge to make her a 8 footer as well.
2/13/24 @ 11:24 AM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17
I have built a few canoes like that. Always an ego stroker when you take them out because everyone comments on how awesome they look. Good work and a great project to under take. I found the fiber glassing day to be stressful. If you want another project after the canoe I built my daughter a wooded paddle board. They are fun to make.
2/13/24 @ 11:01 AM
bottom bouncer
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02
Polski............You are so damn good.  I'm embarrassed to show any of my stuff.  BB

2/12/24 @ 9:41 AM
mskyadk
Been a while since I was able to get any work done on this canoe. Drawing into closing up the bottom. Those last strips are the hardest ones, very easy for them to shatter from the curves and twists. 
2/9/24 @ 9:59 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Ski, You’re almost done with a Lombardi Trophy Replica!,,, That’s outstanding for a Metal Guy! Reminds me of a Lombardi. You have to PM me how much you’d make a Lombardi Trophy for me, and I will put the Brass Plate on it when Dr Love wins his first SB! Good work Ski! 
2/9/24 @ 9:51 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
I was in the steel industry my whole working life but I still enjoy wood working. Last fall I put together parts I had for a little wood lathe and have been making little projects like a couple French rolling pins for both of my daughters, pretty basic stuff.

Anyway I glued together some oak and maple boards and while turning them into something it started to look like a football on one end so I went with that. Long story short, turning a football shape by hand in a lathe is not as easy as I thought it was going to be, but I got it done. I then went one step farther and made the iconic pedestal which was as much of a challenge as was the football. Anyway, not to shabby and timing is everything.

Cool things you built at home or at work photo by Polski
2/8/24 @ 1:41 PM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
Mskyadk, I think it needs more bacon. I like bacon !!!
2/8/24 @ 9:23 AM
mskyadk
Went to my grandson's birthday party last night and my daughter in law built this cake. I thought it was pretty cool.
For scale that is a Pizza plater. All cake, chocolate and frosting. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 485 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE