Computer Help

10/16/01 @ 2:54 PM
ORIGINAL POST
waterwalker
waterwalker
USER since 6/24/01
Want to buy some more memory for my computer.Can get 256mb for $34.99 is that about right? Will it help alot? Only have 64mb now.Any tricks on installing it?Will be the frist thing I've installed myself.Thanks for any help you can give me.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 999 Posts
10/6/17 @ 8:17 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

they also have a pro version  it may have better bat's

going to best-buy and check it out 

Post Your Comment
10/6/17 @ 8:04 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
USER since 10/14/03

Thanks for the input Dave & Bass - I'll take a look at the Samsung.

Overheating sucks - had the iPads do that a couple times and the cases don't help in that regard either.

sc

Post Your Comment
10/6/17 @ 7:47 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

now I have eat my words just checked on the upgrade laptop it comes with

and Been looking for anti-glare..and this one does have it

Ultra-Detailed QHD+ Touch Screen

The stunning QHD+ high resolution touch screen allows you to view and display ultra-detailed graphics with an enhanced color gamut, while its anti-glare coating performs both indoors and out. 

Samsung - Notebook 9 spin 13.3

Edited on 10/6/17 7:50 AM
Post Your Comment
10/6/17 @ 7:41 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

odd apple stopped making anit-glare screen laptops ...now you have add it on

Post Your Comment
10/6/17 @ 7:29 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

scmuskies...
No good at all... secondly and most importantly in the sunlight, outside they overheat and shutdown lickity split... I would not recommend it for that use at all..

Edited on 10/6/17 7:29 AM
Post Your Comment
10/6/17 @ 7:19 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
USER since 10/14/03

Dave - no help on your request, but a question for ya.  How is the sunlight readability of the surface pros?  I'm looking at upgrading our field equipment for GIS mapping/etc to them.  Currently on Apple products for it, they're OK but anything in bright sun is terrible.

sc

Post Your Comment
10/6/17 @ 6:50 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

I have solid drive Toshiba and like but the drive is too small ...dont like 2-1 and one

going small on the screen no problem next upgrade is 

Samsung - Notebook 9 spin 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive

I think I will like this

Backlit keyboard with 80 keys

Allows comfortable, accurate typing, even in dim lighting.

Edited on 10/6/17 6:53 AM
Post Your Comment
10/6/17 @ 6:04 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Anyone own a Surface "Laptop" (Intel i7 core)?  I have a surface pro 3 that I use as a simple device and it is OK. I want to purchase a replacement laptop and want something pretty powerful and small. I plan to pass the surface pro to one of the kids we help. I have looked at the typical 2 in 1's, but have been drawn to the Surface Laptop as of yet. Looking to see if anyone has one yet and can get advise.. Regards...

Edited on 10/6/17 6:10 AM
Post Your Comment
7/30/17 @ 10:36 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

thanks BA... thought it was something I did here... I do this a couple times a year removing all cookies, cache, etc. to ensure against little hidden bugaboos

will give it a few days, and if persists, will call the 800 number on CC to let them know...but I am sure they already do and are working to resolve...hopefully

Post Your Comment
7/30/17 @ 10:22 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

boB

I get  this using windows explorer

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

This organization's certificate has been revoked. 

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.   

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website  

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 999 Posts