College Hoops

10/26/06 @ 10:30 AM
ORIGINAL POST
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
USER since 12/22/04
what is up with Illinois and Michigan States non conference schedules? At least Illinois has Arizona and Maryland...but MSU is obviously looking to to go undefeated into the Big Ten schedule instead of carrying in four losses like the last few years! Ohio State has a couple tough games including Cincy, Florida and North Carolina.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 371 Posts
1/19/19 @ 10:41 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

That was a good game between UVA and Duke. Both teams look Final 4 worthy. 

Top 4 might be: Duke Virginia, Tennessee, Michigan. I'd put UVA ahead of Michigan. Duke, even with 2 losses, stays at number 1. Michigan, that's not a "good" loss.  Tennessee almost got beat today as well. 

Post Your Comment
1/19/19 @ 5:48 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

Duke has advantage.  Their stable full of 1 and dones no longer have to attend classes.  They will not see the inside of a classroom this spring...  just can focus on basketball .

Post Your Comment
1/19/19 @ 5:01 PM
River Gnat
River Gnat
USER since 8/28/18

I was wrong! Herro making a significant contribution as a freshman at Kentucky! Not a one & done or NBA player but would have looked nice in a Wisconsin or Marquette uniform!

Post Your Comment
1/19/19 @ 1:52 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I think Virginia wins AT Duke today. With the Jones injury for Duke, and UVA's upperclassman, plus the fact that UVA has held almost all their opponents to their personal season low in points this year....I see UVA winning 68-62.

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 8:04 AM
FullDraw05
FullDraw05
USER since 10/10/17
agreed, n.pike.. spot on.. I think Duke will get very scary as the season progresses.. a lot of young guys figuring each other out. I think this is one of those cases where they experience some growing pains, and roll over everyone come tournament time. I hope I'm wrong, but they have too much talent it seems. 

Post Your Comment
1/15/19 @ 10:26 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Virginia, Michigan, Duke, Tennessee. Will all 4 make the 1 seeds? 

Virginia looks ultra-determined and is running over everyone. Duke has all the NBA talent. 

Michigan has very few weaknesses. Complete team. 

Tennessee is tough and is strong on both ends of the floor. 

Post Your Comment
12/31/18 @ 7:53 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

Alford was an overrated player and an even more overrated head coach.  My judgement may be a little biased as I am still ticked he made the 84 Olympic team instead of Terry Porter.  At least I have some schadenfreud to enjoy.

Post Your Comment
12/31/18 @ 7:11 PM
BIGG400
BIGG400
USER since 12/23/12

Steve Alford fired again. Too bad it didn't happen last Monday.

Post Your Comment
12/8/18 @ 6:35 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Wis @ Marquette... what a great game 

Marquette played solid down the stretch and Bucky just failed on any number of areas, missed free throws,  missed passes, bad fouls ( Davison ) ...

Thought when Happ made that steal , that Bucky was taking it, but you have to hand it to Marquette,  kept their composure,  made the FTs and FGs, and defense 

...always look forward to this game... one of the best today !

Post Your Comment
12/4/18 @ 10:30 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Anyone else watching Florida / West Virginia?

Two good teams, but one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 371 Posts