CHILI

10/24/15 @ 7:46 PM
ORIGINAL POST
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
USER since 5/22/15
I really like chili, but I haven't found a recipe/brand that I always go back to. Today I made some from Homestyle Shore Lunch. It wasn't bad, but nothing special. I wouldn't mind making some from scratch, with thick paste instead of tomato sauce, beef chunks instead of ground beef, not a lot of beans like the mixes, not a ton of heat, you guys get it! What do you guys like?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts
10/30/15 @ 3:55 PM
waltereye sr.
waltereye sr.
USER since 6/25/01
I just posted an excellent chili recipe on the recipes forum. It is a bit spicy but not too crazy.

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 5:17 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
I have been in maybe 20 chili cook offs nothing big time just small events and work parties stuff like that and my chili always does very well which is very funny cuz I just pretty much wing it except for one key ingredient. v8 as the base it just makes chili so much better. A few things I have noticed over the yrs home grown tomatoes help a lot they just taste so much better, and like 4 drops of liquid smoke. Also I made a chili that my ex wife use to make but I changed it up a bit but they key to hers was bushes baked beans it gives the chili a very nice sweet and spicy contrast. Even bad chili is good

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 4:37 PM
cabinbum
cabinbum
USER since 4/1/10
whipped up a batch of white pheasant chili this aft. smells good but looks more green than white. wife likes it. guess thats all that matters.

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 8:59 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
do the same here, have 8qt pot for making chili, and do the same with the plastic containers... freezes well.... for fishing trips, I use the frozen containers of chili in the cooler to keep other items fresh/cool

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 8:21 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Good Idea KillRoy, as when ever I cook, you would think I was cooking for 20

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 6:45 PM
Mr. Killroy
Mr. Killroy
USER since 5/3/07
I always pick up a pack of GladeWare type containers, fill a few of them to freeze the extra chili for later. For some reason, I can only make a huge batch at a time. Works out great when you're craving it and don't want to or have time to make another pot. (*TIP- cover it with a layer of plastic wrap and push down to the surface and avoid unwanted ice build-up when freezing)

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 12:05 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
With the talk of Chili, you guys got my mouth watering, so I had to whip up a batch of my chili that I stated below. Got a crockpot going right now. The seasoning that I use is called Carol Shelby's Original Texas Brand. See picture below, one is of hte box of seaosning, the other is my cooker.

Post Your Comment
10/27/15 @ 5:43 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I get my wife's chili tonight too (had it Sunday). Mouth just started watering.

Post Your Comment
10/27/15 @ 12:11 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Nihsif me too, I do not use the mesa flour either as my chili is thick enough already. I just use the seasoning packets.

Post Your Comment
10/26/15 @ 1:07 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
i just got Ancho chiles ..they have odd taste i diced up a small bag ..meat a cooking

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts