Chicken dumpling soup

10/25/15 @ 6:51 PM
ORIGINAL POST
walleyejak
walleyejak
USER since 1/19/10
My ma used to make a great chicken and dumpling soup she is gone and so is the recipe .We have tried and tried , buy nothing I want to have as a go to , feel better , warm me up soup . If you have a savory recipe for me we would be ecstatic ! Stay on top ! Wj
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
10/29/15 @ 8:29 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I have not made chicken and dumpling soup for a long time so I cannot rattle my recipe off the top of my head, however I use Bisquick to make my dumplings, recipe is on the box. But I too spoon them into the soup and let them cook that way.

Post Your Comment
10/26/15 @ 11:13 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Two thumbs up for "better than bullion"..

Post Your Comment
10/26/15 @ 8:20 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Dumplings: break two eggs into a measuring cup and add an equal amount of water. Add flour until thick pancake batter consistency. Salt to taste. Drop spoonfuls of the batter in your soup towards the end and cook until their done. 5-10 minutes

If you don't feel like making a stock there is a product call "better than bullion" its a paste that comes in a jar and makes amazing chicken broth without being too salty or fake tasting

Post Your Comment
10/25/15 @ 7:20 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
No soup for you Dave

Post Your Comment
10/25/15 @ 7:10 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
This is discussion... once the recipes are developed, maybe they go into that forum... Tounge Out

Post Your Comment
10/25/15 @ 6:57 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Are you guys aware there is an entire Recipe and Cooking Forum?

http://www.lake-link.com/forums/Recipies-And-Cooking/

Post Your Comment