Chicago White Sox

3/21/16 @ 2:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
2005 World Series Champs; when will they get around to repeating the feat?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
7/18/17 @ 10:31 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Yankee's just got lot better. Another top 30 prospect coming to the south side. Going to be a tough year and a half. Stock up two high draft picks and roll in 2019. 

Stay the course Brewers is my advice. Sell like you planned at the deadline. Not buy. Sox been there  done that way too many time's. Took the cub's winning it all to get their head out of their ass and do it the right way.

Post Your Comment
7/13/17 @ 9:52 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Dust this off.  I know this doesn't bring me up to "true fan" status like a brewer fan.  

White Sox farm system player rating's 

Top 100: No. 1, No. 8, No. 11, No. 23, No. 28, No. 36, No. 59, No. 63, No. 68.

Post Your Comment
12/8/16 @ 12:32 PM
rks
rks
MEMBER since 1/22/06

In a way, I would have liked to see them stay intact one more year, every one healthy, and with a new manager in control just to prove my theory that Ventura was a great player but not so much a manager. But then they would have missed out on the prospects they got.

Post Your Comment
12/8/16 @ 12:19 PM
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
USER since 9/26/16

The SOX will probably be scary in a few years. The AL central is definitely taking notice of what they are currently doing....

Post Your Comment
12/7/16 @ 7:10 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
This guy is getting excited. Trade 2 players and now have the #1 and #3 prospect in all of baseball. Still have a top 20 pitcher and reliever to go yet.

Post Your Comment
12/6/16 @ 3:51 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Well just the beginning of a long and tedious journey back to  putting a team on the field with any chance of making the play-offs for a long time. Took my cubs awhile  and now they are there. Let's see where the sox brain trusts are and where they are going in the next few seasons to come.

Post Your Comment
12/6/16 @ 3:31 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Good riddance. Sale's antics were old and tired. Only the beginning of the domino fall I'm hoping. 

Post Your Comment
12/6/16 @ 3:18 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08

So Chris Sale and his scissors are headed to Boston, eh?  

I see that infielder Yoan Moncada, right-hander Michael Kopech, outfielder Luis Basabe and right-hander Victor Diaz join the White Sox in return.

Moncada was ranked the No. 1 prospect in all of baseball in 2016 by Baseball America and MLB.com.

Any ChiSox fans 'round here want to register their thoughts on this deal?

Post Your Comment
8/3/16 @ 6:56 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08

Tough break for the New Trier alum and Wilmette product who grew up a White Sox fan:

Charlie Tilson 4th White Sox rookie injured in debut in loss to Tigers

Let's hope the injury isn't too bad and that he can resume his baseball career in relatively short order!

Post Your Comment
7/25/16 @ 8:29 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08

Sale's behavior was ridiculous, childish, and add-whatever-other-adjective you like.

What the heck was he thinking?

But yes, he is without question one of the game's top three pitchers (and now with Kershaw out with back problems, make that top-two!), so once he serves the five-game suspension he'll be welcomed back with open arms.

Tough, tough season for the ChiSox, beginning with the Drake LaRoche nonsense (with Sale in the middle of it all, screaming at Kenny Williams to get out of "their" clubhouse!), and resulting in last week's realization by Rick Hahn that the club is mired in mediocrity.

And contrasting the Sox woes with the Cubs successes had to make it all the more miserable for South Side fans!  Bummer!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts