INITIAL POST
Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,596 posts
4/21/24 @ 6:45 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Yeah,the Fish are the best 6-17 in the league! No embarrassment losing to them!  
4/21/24 @ 6:39 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I wouldn’t put all the blame on Morel. He struck out at a bad time, but he wasn’t alone. The Cubs had 11 strikeouts and were 3 for 16 with RISP. Morel only struck out twice, as did Swanson, Cooper and Canario. That strikeout total isn’t going to win you games. It didn’t help that they were playing from behind for all their at bats.
4/21/24 @ 6:27 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Z-man I kind of agree with you to a point. Henricks in deed looks like he may be washed up however the cubs had plenty of chances to make some noise today if a hitter would of come through when needed. And that hitter IMO  is Morel. Mor4el came up in a few crucial times when a hit would of really helped and all he did was strike out looking or swinging at a pitch that would kill a worm. I'm not a big Wisdom fan either but Maybe he could of done better in these situations. Anyway another tough one to swallow however a well deserved day off then  Houston rolls in for three. A tough upcoming road trip lies ahead starting with Boston then the Mets. Hopefully our cubs can weather the storm. GO CUBS!!! Oh yea one more thing. Good-night everyone
4/21/24 @ 5:53 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24

4/21/24 @ 5:18 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
There’s a lot of baseball yet to be played in this season. It takes the first month, month and a half to figure out how lineups will work. Even then it will change depending on streaks, slumps or whatever you want to call it. 
I’m not going to panic about anything that happens early on because it’s going to evolve over time. 
What’s clear to me at this point is that they can’t rely on Hendricks as a rotational starter. He’s cost us every game that he has started to this point and I don’t see him working out of it by staying in the rotation. The problem is that we are down one of our best starters and until he returns we will be using guys that normally wouldn’t be in the rotation. The Cubs are lucky to have a very deep roster with some of the top prospects in their system. To this point they are limping through the first part of the season with what they have available.
I will say that they haven’t played a team that they couldn’t beat or couldn’t compete with.
 By the numbers, we should have walked all over the Fish and been able to take every one of these four games. That didn’t happen because we couldn’t keep them from having big innings. Whether it was the starter or the relievers, it was a failure by the pitching staff. Cubs aren’t the only team going through this right now. Our next opponent is having the same issues with their pitching and they aren’t winning as many games. 
As far as the lineup goes there’s a few things that I would provably do differently, but I’m not the one with the pencil. Let CC figure out what he has and what he needs to do with it.
There’s been a lot of positives to the season so far and I think you have to let it play out. This is a very good ball club with a lot of talented players. No panic from me even though I’d like to win every game.

Go Cubs!
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
4/21/24 @ 4:21 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Here's the lineup I would go with 5 times a week at least:

1 Hoerner 2b
2 Swanson ss
3 Bellinger cf
4 Busch 1b
5 Cooper dh
6 Happ lf
7 Morel 3b
8 Amaya c
9 Tauchman rf

Maybe losing Suzuki hurts more than anything. Until Morel can find more consistency at the plate, he needs to be down in the order.  Need to find a consistent leadoff also.

Still a great start to the season especially considering the good teams they have played on the road.

Go Cubs Go!
4/21/24 @ 4:09 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Well we got a split with the fish.  Hendricks pitched a little bit better today, 6 hits, 4 runs, 5 k's, and 0 walks in 4 innings.

Our hitters struck out 11 times today......way too many!  CC needs to figure out who his best 9-10 position players are and stick with them and stick to a more consistent lineup.  You'd think by this point in the season you'd have a more consistent batting order!  I'd be glad to offer my advice but so far he hasn't called me. 

Rest up for underperforming Astros coming to town on Tuesday!
4/21/24 @ 2:55 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Another subpar Kyle start, leaving a lot of ducks in the pond.  
4/21/24 @ 8:29 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Good win in the second game last night. Imanaga did well, although he was tagged with a long ball and a couple extra base hits. 5 hits and 5 strikeouts in 5 innings is a good outing. Ben Brown did great and I think he’s going to be around for a while. 
Cubs offense did enough to win, but just 3 walks and 8 strikeouts isn’t getting quality at bats.
Hendricks today against Cabrera for the Fish. I hope we see a different Hendricks than we have to this point. Cabrera is coming off a shoulder injury and we’re going to need to get after him early and often.

Go Cubs!
4/20/24 @ 9:26 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Hard to win both ofa double header.  Harder when you lose game one. Good bounce back.  Win the series tomorrow?  Hops Kyle starts looking better.
4/20/24 @ 9:09 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well it looked like the cubs just might take the pipe and lose twice ,but came through 5-3 to gain a split today. good pitching again and timely hitting  prevailed in the second game. sure wish we could of done that in game one. Okay with all that said let's all get a good nights sleep and come back for a series win tomorrow after noon. GO CUBS!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
4/20/24 @ 6:04 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Alright, let’s try this again 
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
4/20/24 @ 4:28 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Ur Cubs are makin a run for 1st place in Division. I hope it don’t come easy.
4/20/24 @ 4:21 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Couldn't agree more Z.  Pinch hit anyone there for Canario!  Even the Maestrobonar if he was still on the team!   

Go get game two!!!!
4/20/24 @ 4:16 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
CC tried to sneak a win and rest some of the regulars. With the pitcher they were facing it was a good coaching move if it works, but It didn’t. Not pinch hitting for Canario in the ninth was a huge mistake and probably cost him the game 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,596 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE