Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Edited on 10/3/18 8:19 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 8,973 Posts
11/10/18 @ 10:03 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Theo squashed the rumor about Bryant being moved. He was asked if the Cubs have any untouchable players. His answer was that the Cubs as a general rule don’t have untouchable players because it is bad policy. Buster Olney took that statement and suddenly it morphed into Bryant being on the trading block.

Scott Boras is Bryant’s agent and that’s a bad thing for the Cubs. I don’t think the Cubs will be able to extend Bryant under Boras. He always wants his clients to test the free agent market. Bryant is under team control until 2022 so no need to worry for a couple more years.

It wouldn’t shock me if anyone on the Cubs was traded with the exception of Rizzo and Lester. I can guarantee the Cubs aren’t thinking about rebuilding but instead panicked to get back to the WS while the window is still open. That window can shut quickly. (See the BlackHawks)

I agree with you on Bote. He’s no Bryant but seems like he could be a good ball player. I think after his game winning grand slam his approach changed and his swing got too big but I like him overall.

I trust that Theo will right the ship but I have no idea what his plan is this off season. Don’t forget we still have Tyler Chatwood! Ugh that was a bad signing.

Edited on 11/10/18 10:13 AM
Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 6:23 AM
born2fish2015
born2fish2015
USER since 1/24/15

I would hate to see Kris go but if you do trade him you get great prospect and pitching. small sample size I like what david bote did last year. I don't think you can come close to say rebuild with there roster even if you move Bryant. they still would have a dangerous line up with hopefully a healthy rotation. One player I would love to see get moved is Addison Russell. defense is good but batting sucks.

Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 6:08 AM
River Gnat
River Gnat
USER since 8/28/18

Yes Chi, heard that about Bryant too! Wow, panic time in Mud City! Many teams would love to have him including the Brewers. Maybe trade for some prospects as part of a rebuild?

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 7:19 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Hey Gnat here is another rumored story that I personally heard on the 5pm local news channel,channel 7 ABC. Rumored sources from ESPN have stated that Bryant could possibly be on the trading block. What do you think of that. Something more you can talk smack about.

Edited on 11/9/18 7:20 PM
Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 4:51 PM
River Gnat
River Gnat
USER since 8/28/18

Just so they keep Schwarber! He's vowed to lose another 30lbs!

Seriously, the Trib says he should be on the trading block. But the Cubs think he is worth more than anyone else!

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 3:58 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

I'm not saying he wouldn't trade him, you never say never. Everyone has their price. I'd say that goes for anyone on the team.

Edited on 11/9/18 3:59 PM
Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 3:48 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Definitely knew I’d be in the minority on this one.

Theo better not do it or Cubs fans would not be pleased. I dream of the King’s ransom he would bring.

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 3:29 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

I have to disagree Chaw unless they're blowing it up again, in my opinion Baez is  the best infielder in the game and he can hit. Honestly I think he's more valuable than Harper. Hes only 25 , I don't think they'll keep Russell,  they may bundle him to dump him. They're not lacking talent at the major league level but they do have to start restocking the farm system and as always everyone needs pitching. It'll be an interesting off season to see what moves they make.

I heard the White Sox are going hard after Harper.  And they have no payroll as of now.

Oh and some months back I said I wouldn't mind seeing machado as the shortstop,  boy was I wrong. What a shame all that talent and a complete pipe but someone will sign him.

Edited on 11/9/18 3:35 PM
Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 2:43 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Of course I like Báez much better as a player and person than Russell but the Cubs would be lucky to get a ham sandwich for Russell. On the other hand I think teams would overpay for Báez and it’s my opinion Báez stock will never be higher than it is today. 

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 2:39 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

I also would trade Russell before Baez. Baez can play multiple posistions and his defense is rock solid  as well as his hitting. Murphy I hope is signed to add that lead-off guy we sorely desire. I sure wish we could get rid of Hayward to free up some money for Harper but I don't think that will happen plus another starting pitcher and reliever if possible. Sure allot of wishing on my part!! LOL!!!  GO CUBS!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 8,973 Posts