SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 9:03 AM
INITIAL POST
smug
User since 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16,116 posts
4/10/24 @ 10:27 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
yEA my team "TOOK THE PIPE"!!
4/10/24 @ 8:27 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
That’s right topam. Today Padres 10 cubs 2 
4/10/24 @ 3:25 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Chi I gotta lay low the south siders are struggling so hoping I can get excited w/ some Bears news -- Hey glad to see the Cubbies playing well and winning but when I saw that news posted I was thinking DO IT

3 years of good picks man I would suck as a GM
4/10/24 @ 2:13 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Man, that's a juicy trade.  Bears get Maye or Daniels and two more first round picks.
It's just insane value, if in fact it is real.
4/10/24 @ 2:08 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
All due respect to you B&R and Topam. It's baseball time and the cubs and what they are going to do. Believe me I repect your opinions on football and the bears. But can we kindly and respecally stick to base ball now? Just asking.
Chicago Bears photo by chitowncrappieman
4/10/24 @ 12:28 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Many teams are looking at their first round ninth pick as well.
4/10/24 @ 10:57 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
This news / rumor has been popping up today, I cant confirm or deny but interesting:

BREAKING: The Bears rejected a trade offer from the Commanders for the first overall pick. 🤯🤯🤯 Washington offered the 2nd overall pick along with their 2025 and 2026 first round picks. Ryan Poles has zero intention on trading the first pick again, said he wants Caleb Williams.
3/23/24 @ 8:30 AM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
More bears drama 
Chicago Bears photo by hunt-fish-campfire-beer
3/22/24 @ 5:23 AM
fingeringzw
User since 3/22/24
Sounds like the Bears' minicamp was quite eventful!

https://studyhelper.com/argumentative-essay-samples
3/20/24 @ 7:49 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
bears still stink.  
3/20/24 @ 6:45 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I think we can put that silly question to rest. Not that it came from a reliable source in the first place 
​https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-caleb-williams-says-being-225914580.html​​​
3/20/24 @ 12:22 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Carpio, it was Bruce Clark 1980 draft.
3/20/24 @ 12:19 PM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Thanks carp for not being to "cool" 
3/20/24 @ 12:02 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Hunt.    It’s been done before.    About 30 years ago by someone drafted by the packers but I forgot his name.   I think it began with a D.    
3/20/24 @ 11:46 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Some questions don’t deserve an answer. You probably already know what the answer is so it makes your question pointless 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 16,116 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE