Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 8:03 AM
ORIGINAL POST
smug
smug
USER since 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12,040 Posts
TODAY @ 5:40 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

Congratulations on the division Bear fans, enjoy the run!

I think River Rant is a closet bear fan, he posts more on this thread than anyone........

Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 6:22 PM
River Gnat
River Gnat
USER since 8/28/18

Yeah just having fun with Chaw, but doesn't Trubisky look a lot like Schwarber?

Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 6:16 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Nothing like a back handed compliment on a 10-4 team. Hopefully the Bears are lot like the cubs and make the league championship game two years earlier than expected and win it all a year earlier than expected next year. Like that comparison. 

Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 6:02 PM
River Gnat
River Gnat
USER since 8/28/18

Thanks Chaw, I'm fine. Congrats to the Bears for taking advantage of a down year in the NFC North! Enjoy! Reminds me of the Cubs dynasty you predicted in 2016!????

Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 4:52 PM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
USER since 7/24/01

Congrats to you Bear fans. Your team is just plain better that we are...…...this year. Would like to see you keep going. At least the NFC north would be well represented.

Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 4:35 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Prop after I posted that I looked at his stats. It was a fantastic performance and way better than “ good enough”

Thanks for the update on EJ- Chi

Thanks nihsif

Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 4:22 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Chaw according to the post game comments by the coach,Jackson has a sprained ankle and under close observation. They also said he left soldiers field wearing a medical boot  Mack is the"TERMINATOR"!!! THANKS NIHSIF  for that kind and courteous gesture.

Edited on 12/16/18 4:25 PM
Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 4:21 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Congrats on the division title 

Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 4:10 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Just imagine how good Mack would of been today if the refs would of called the other 36 holds on him today. 

I think Trubisky was lot better than good enough. 20-28 and a 120 passer rating I'll take every game.

Edited on 12/16/18 4:15 PM
Post Your Comment
12/16/18 @ 3:28 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

The play calling on short yardage situation concerns me as well, Chitown. They don’t use Howard enough in those situations. Hope Eddie Jackson isn’t down too long. That one would hurt. 

How about that Trubisky. He wasn’t awesome but he was good enough. Great way to come back after last week. So good to finally beat the Packers.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12,040 Posts