Chicago Bears

8/2/02 @ 9:03 AM
ORIGINAL POST
smug
smug
USER since 7/3/01
Some notes on the Bears' minicamp from football.com.

Quarterback Jim Miller looked to have no ill effects from the health problems he experienced during mini-camp. One thing that did impress us is how Miller was threading the needle in between defenders. He was on target and had a good amount of zip on the ball. We have to imagine that some of his receivers may have had sore hands after hearing the cracking sound of the ball hitting them in the hands on many occasions. Another thing that may be a bad omen for Chicago opponents is how the deep passes were hitting the receivers.......right in stride many times. And on the incompletions, there were no short rounds that would be easy pickings for defenders. In a nutshell, Miller showed no weakness in terms of arm strength. Chris Chandler also made some nice throws, but it was Miller who impressed us most.

Another thing that stood out were the dropped passes.......or maybe we should say the lack thereof. The Chicago receivers took some heat last season for their inconsistent play, specifically drops and bad routes. Outside of some rustiness by Marcus Robinson early in the day, the drops were pretty much absent, and the routes looked sharper. Marty Booker still looked to be the man, and even took a bow after hauling in a bomb that prompted the fans chant his name. But Dez White and David Terrell were sharp as well. White has made major progress in his game from 2001. So much so, that Booker and White are the starting receivers at this point, according to coach Dick Jauron. David Terrell is right there on his heels, and appears to be all business as he enters his second season.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11,635 Posts
9/17/17 @ 8:27 PM
bassball
bassball
USER since 7/25/07

The bears will never win until the Mc caskeys sell the team. Former season ticket holder now packer fan. They are just like the Blackhawks were before dollar bill died and rocky took over no one cared about the hawks then and now they are the hottest ticket in Chicago 

Post Your Comment
9/17/17 @ 8:18 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Why does Ryan Pace get a pass from the media and fans? Kevin White was a stretch at 5. Even without the injuries it was clear he is a bust. John Fox is brutal and he signed him and stuck with him. He signs Glennon to a huge contract when no other NFL team was offering anything close to what Pace offered. He was so confident in his big free agent signing he traded draft picks to move up in the draft to draft another quarterback. It is like the movie Draft Day without the last 20 minutes.

The roster sucks and the GM is responsible for that piece. How can you go into a year with Cameron Meredith as your number 1 WR? 

The Bears haven't been to the playoffs since? Pathetic. I'll always be a Bears fan but I am beyond frustrated.

Post Your Comment
9/17/17 @ 5:58 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Yea you're right the bears sure played up to thier expectations!! THEY STINK!!! Nothing new though!!!

Post Your Comment
9/17/17 @ 2:42 PM
Walleye Wizard
Walleye  Wizard
USER since 6/23/01

Nothing going on here. Oh I see ... 29 - 0. Nice game Bears.

Post Your Comment
9/12/17 @ 9:36 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

True.  Except that Mac is an offensive coach.  Foxy is a defensive coach.

GB would win another Super Bowl or two if Fox was running their defense and Mac handled just the offense.

Much respect for Fox.

Post Your Comment
9/12/17 @ 7:40 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

"When the intensity is gone and the tackles are missed, then you will know that Fox has lost the team. If....if...Fox has lost the team" 

by that logic, McCarthy loses team every year!

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 6:17 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

I got to watch most of the Bears game.  I saw what I thought I'd see.  A well coached team that was ready to play.  Those guys play hard for Fox.

Defense was very good.  Hicks has turned into a difference maker on that D-line.  Floyd has good burst off of the edge, but no power.  And I"m not sure how that secondary held up as good as they did....

Offensively, yah, going to be struggles.  It isn't Glennon's fault.  It won't be Trubisky's fault either.  No talent at WR.  Rookie RB sure looked quick and impressive but he's not going to win games unless those receivers can make some plays downfield.

If you want to guage the Bears season...just watch the defense.  When the intensity is gone and the tackles are missed, then you will know that Fox has lost the team.  If....if...Fox has lost the team.

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 2:24 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

week 10 is after the bye.   I suspect they will be 2-3 after week 5...that will stretch out to 2-6 going into bye.  They will then put a rookie QB in against Pack because most decisions the Bears make are to benefit Packers. 

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 1:25 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

10? I'd say by week 4 if you don't get a win.

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 1:13 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

There will be QB change by week 10. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11,635 Posts