SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

CBD: Cure All?

8/16/18 @ 5:54 PM
INITIAL POST
Jack Salmon
User since 4/15/09

Just wondering how many of you are using this stuff too? I never would have dreamed it could do the things it's done for me over the past 9-10 months or so. I went from taking 8 prescription drugs down to just 3. And I'm thinking I may ween myself off of at least one or two of those pretty soon.
I used to have type 2 diabetes and poked my finger several times a day. And had to really watch my carbohydrate consumption and sugar intake. Took Metformin for 3-4 years before my pusher prescribed Glimepiride to take in addition to the Metformin. Only took both of those drugs together for a couple weeks before I found out about CBD. Haven't taken any drugs for diabetes since 11/1/17 and my blood sugars are better than ever.
In addition to diabetes, I suffered from COPD and DDD. I'm nolonger suffering from the chronic pain associated with arthritis and DDD. And I'm breathing easier all the time! It's been over 2 months since I've needed to use a Proair rescue inhaler or nebulizer treatment.

Seemed like the more drugs my pushers put me on...the sicker I got! I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. And I got good and sick of them "PRACTICING" medicine on me! I went from taking 8 prescription drugs down to just taking 3. And I'm feeling better than I have in years and actually feeling up to going fishing and hunting!

I Thank God

And it's my hope that this helps somebody that was in the same boat that I was in.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts
7/4/19 @ 9:28 AM
Analog man
Analog man
User since 12/10/18
Why not just go with good quality weed? Time proven and o so satisfying. 
8/18/18 @ 2:01 PM
X-Ray
X-Ray
User since 3/30/15
Indeed, there is a pyramid MLM (read Amway type company) going around in Wisconsin selling Zilis CBD stuff.  I don't get why these pyramid MLM's are allowed.
8/18/18 @ 12:11 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

8/18/18 @ 11:50 AM
Jack Salmon
User since 4/15/09

Fish Magnet, I checked out a few prices on products available through the link you shared. Guess they gotta pay for all of that advertising some how huh? It may be very well worth what they're asking for their oil but I found one for considerably less and it's guaranteed for 60 days. Send the empty bottle back to the company if you're not satisfied within 60 days and they'll give your money back. I liked it so much that I became a dealer. As did a dozen or so other family members and friends. I'm not making any money with it yet. And really don't care if I ever do. The reward I get from hearing about how much it's helped somebody is worth way more than money.

8/18/18 @ 1:16 AM
fish magnet
PRO MEMBER User since 12/29/01

https://apple-wellness.com/

https://apple-wellness.com/product-category/cbd-hemp-derived-cbd-products/

Ever listen to 101.5 WIBA fm in Madison after 3pm when Sly is on? He advertises Apple wellness on the air every day, and promotes CBD oil. Apple wellness sells it in Sun Prairie and Madison, so I would think if it was still illegal, these stores would have been shut down. 

8/17/18 @ 8:33 PM
X-Ray
X-Ray
User since 3/30/15

damn, how close was I really?  Brought up google?  Typed in "ag" then gave up?:)

8/17/18 @ 2:31 PM
X-Ray
X-Ray
User since 3/30/15

I see the terse exchange got blown away.

A few things and this all out their to be had if you are willing to read and wade through biochemistry.  By that I mean not reading obvious webpages hawking CBD.  Read the scientific journal stuff.

1. we all have an endocannabinoid system (CB1 and CB2 receptors). Knowledge of this has only been around for 25 years or so.  They knew pieces before, but it was published papers in the early to mid 90's that firmly established it.

2. this system is involved in a variety of things including the immune system regulation and pain management.

3. marijuana has something north 100 different cannabinoids.  Not all of them do much.  delta 9 THC, Cannabinol, and Cannabidiol are the ones most studied.

4. Cannabidiol is a CB2 antagonist and induces inverse agonsim in a cell.  Long story short, it reduces the migration of immune cells thereby reducing inflammation.

5. oddly enough one of the most effective cannabinoids is delta 9 THC which acts as a an antagonist for CB1 and an agonist for CB2.  Summarized, this acts as an anti-inflammatory and can increase cancer cell death (apoptosis).

It does indeed do stuff that can help.  If you are going to use CBD, you need to get reputable stuff.  I don't use it.  Is it or other marijuana derivatives a miracle drug?  No, but it may lead to significant treatments through research.  It is convoluted why you can buy it in Wisconsin.  It comes down to the 2014 Farm Bill which prohibited the DEA from enforcing schedule 1 rules on hemp growing and processing if the state allows it (Wisconsin does).

8/17/18 @ 8:21 AM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
User since 7/24/01

One just opened in Neillsville, Wi as well.

8/17/18 @ 8:19 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
8/17/18 @ 8:08 AM
sherm1701
User since 2/29/08

Could you please supply the name of that store?

8/17/18 @ 7:57 AM
clubstrump
User since 4/17/18

CBD oil is available legally in Black river falls in store or they ship.They are WI 1st Hemp store.

Google Priceline CBD.

8/17/18 @ 7:41 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Sherm - As of 2017 you just need to have a doctor's certification stating that you are using CBD products for a "medical condition", it no longer dictates what those conditions are like the bill in 2014 did. It is even being used in the fitness world in pre-workouts and supplements now.

My aunt has struggled with fibriomyalgia for years and her masseuse started using CBD oil a couple months back. She said she's never felt this good in her life.

Research seems to highly support its use and there are endless amounts of personal testimonies supporting it. Good enough for me!

8/17/18 @ 6:14 AM
sherm1701
User since 2/29/08

I surely would like to try it, but in Wisconsin it's considered a controlled substance. It's only legal when prescribed in certain instances for children who suffer from seizures. As I stated in the MJ thread, I have several autoimmune conditions, along with DDD and facet joint arthritis that give me pain 24/7. I'm on a couple of anti-inflammatory scripts and multiple prescription pain killers. I would LOVE to get off those damned things, but it's not available to me here in backwards Wisconsin.

8/16/18 @ 8:49 PM
Jack Salmon
User since 4/15/09

Thanks! I'll have to look for that thread.

8/16/18 @ 7:06 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Good for you Jack! I've also noted benefits from using CBD oil for a number of muscular and neuro skeletal issues. I also have friends achieving positive results for a number of chronic conditions.

Check out the Marijuana thread...a fair amount of discussion on CBD products. A lot of archaic attitudes....shocking, I know!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 27 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE