border fence

2/18/16 @ 4:52 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08
It sounds like Pope has entered into discussion. Should he or shouldn't he?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts
2/22/16 @ 1:12 PM
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08
I think this pope probably one of the most devout popes in regards to the Golden Rule, humility, and serving. Personally I have an issue when he questions whether some one is christian because of walls. I think the Vatican has plenty of 'walls' up yet in some respects

Post Your Comment
2/22/16 @ 8:32 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Ive always respected the pope including good Francis who does have a way with words. When he speaks he tends to forget the basics. He speaks as if he wants to be liked more than respected. Pope Francis has left out the Catholic non-negotiables when he is trying to define a "good Christian".

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 9:16 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
The Pope is the leader of the biggest financial power (business) in the world...he's got to stick to a script just like any other CEO and try to not stir the hornets nest on sensitive topics. I really have no problem with someone trying to better themselves and leave a place like Mexico and come here to work and raise a family etc. But like anything else, there's a right and a wrong way to do it. My relatives were immigrants...but they didn't sneak in and try to fly under the radar and collect what they didn't earn.

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 5:14 PM
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08
Thanks nihsif. I was hoping someone Catholic would give an honest perspective on how they felt. There are a lot of ways of viewing his actions. The Pope carries a lot of weight around the world and immigration has been a big topic for him in the US and Europe lately.

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 3:37 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
funny how this turned into a discussion on immigration

back to the Pope for minute... he's my Pope, even though I didn't have any voice in the matter, and I respect him for being the Pope

but he needs to keep with church business, and the Catholic church sure doesn't need someone running their mouth and making the Catholic church even more...what's the word...notorious? annoying? ...I can't think of a word to express my thoughts, but you get the drift

Catholic church is the leader in charitable organizations and providing for the needy and that is where the Pope should concentrate... if he wants to do some good, head over to the middle east and talk to the leaders there that are causing mass refugee migration and take his faith there to see if he can make some good there

America is not the problem

re: illegals working for cheap ... my contention is that the companies that are hiring them need to be prosecuted, fined, etc. so that whatever they think they are saving in wages paid becomes irrelevant... if they can't get American's to work for them, then maybe they need to pay better

... the constant lament is that these people ( and I believe most are GOOD people ) are taking jobs that American's don't want ... but if these companies were to pay decent wages, and pass along the extra cost to the consumer, there would be a way to break that cartel of cheap labor...

won't expand any further, but there's enough there to get teh thrust of my ideas

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 3:06 PM
Bozo
Bozo
USER since 7/29/02
Cold Front American employers hired them often knowing or not caring about the legal status. It was done with a nod and wink. You need a SS# to work here legally or to be on the books. So they are paying taxes. Reagan cracked down and the produce industry pleaded with him to back off. I have worked at places with a lot of immigrants and you knew most didn't have legitimate papers. The drugs come across mostly underground. I think that people are mad that all of sudden people are speaking spanish everywhere you go. America is changing and it ticks a lot of people off.

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 2:43 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
That's right. They are stealing from us just the same as if they broke into your car. They are getting benefits that we pay for and they have no right to get. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 12:31 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
Not to mention the cost of the benefits being handed out to illegals. If you're not a US citizen and obviously not paying taxes, there is zero reason to get 1ยข for anything.

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 12:26 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
It isn't even so much as the Mexicans that have been coming across to find a better life and work. It's become a completely uncontrolled crossing and revolving door for anyone wanting to do criminal activity or worse. Seal it up. Let the established illegals who are working and productive to get on the books and stay. Anyone not capable of proving who they are and why they are here gets tossed out permanently.

I have no problem with legal immigration. There is no reason whatsoever to come here illegally unless there is criminal intent.

Post Your Comment
2/19/16 @ 12:06 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Bozo you bet your butt we blame the immigrants. There are legal channels that can be followed to enter this country. They chose to ignore them and broke our laws. That is why they are illegal aliens. They broke the law to enter. The enforcement or lack of it does not make what they did legal. Get it? Mrt.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts