Boots - Rocky or Danners

11/21/15 @ 9:46 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
Which of these two boots do you guys like better for an outdoor-fishing-hunting boot? Thanks!
(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts
12/20/15 @ 12:38 AM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
The Meindl hikers are along the lines of the boots I was describing- they are getting rave reviews amongst the out-west hunters as well. Definitely a good, versatile boot.

Post Your Comment
12/19/15 @ 6:29 PM
RodBend'r
RodBend'r
USER since 5/19/04
Cabela's Meindl hikers and use them all the time.

Wink I have flat feet and have hundreds if not thousands of miles on a pair of these boots. One of the best investments I've ever made.... hands down.

And they still look like new. Smile

Post Your Comment
12/19/15 @ 3:57 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
Of the two, Danners.

Unless you are going on a mountain goat/sheep hunt (something involving serious rugged terrain), I would personally opt for Merrell or Salomon mid-weight hiking boots.

Post Your Comment
12/19/15 @ 3:19 PM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06
Danners all the way, they're some of the best boots on the planet.

Keen is also worth a look.

Post Your Comment
11/24/15 @ 9:18 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER since 3/20/02
Spend the extra $$ on the Danner models made in USA. They last longer than the ones made overseas.

Post Your Comment
11/24/15 @ 5:04 AM
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment
11/23/15 @ 4:02 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
DANNER hands down. Ive got a pair of rockys and the foot support is just not there. A pair of Danners last a long time and foot support remains solid. Wife and I both have a pair of Danner w/ Goretex about 10 yrs old, still going strong. Now if I can just find another pair with a generous sale price............

Post Your Comment
11/23/15 @ 3:41 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
When Rocky's came out in the 90's (or when I bought my first pair, farm and fleet got my boot business before then) that was the best boot ever. Lasted, warm, dry etc. Then they changed something.

Between the 2 Danner gets my nod. I have had a few pairs from hikers to cold weather. Their service is second to none in my book.

I will add I also own Russell Moccasins Grand Slam sheep hunters, South 40's and Cabela's Meindl hikers and use them all the time.

They all have their purpose. Kind of like Navin

Post Your Comment
11/23/15 @ 2:49 PM
Pike River Outfitters
Pike River Outfitters
MEMBER since 5/3/08
I've had two pair of rocky boots, the uppers look almost brand-new, but the souls have completely disintegrated. I called Rocky customer service and they will do nothing for me. I have heard similar stories. I would never buy another pair of rocky boots if they were the last boot company in business. Junk

Post Your Comment
11/23/15 @ 2:39 PM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Danners over rockies hands down, at least for an upland or high mileage boot.

There are a lot of factors already mentioned, but you need to find a boot that fits your feet for starters. Danners fit me great and most have a zero break in period. The boots made in the US are better, but also more money. Usually through the grouse season, I will wear out a pair of boots with 8-12 mile days. Right now I think I own 4 sets of danners and 1 pair of irish setters. The Irish setter have held up better (kangaroo leather), but don't fit my feet as well and my ankle rolls easily in them. The danners are like slippers to my feet. As far as waterproofness, expect 1-2 years of heavy use. That has been my experience.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 20 Posts