USER since 4/2/02
Let's talk Big 10 football!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 849 Posts
1/2/17 @ 7:14 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Big ten 3-6 in Bowl games. Thought they'd show better than this. Hope Penn State can end  it on a good note. 

Post Your Comment
10/18/15 @ 8:40 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
That was amazing to see Tim I agree, never could have seen that coming. But, I gotta admit, Harbaugh has done an awesome job over there at Michigan. Way over expectations.

The bummer about Wisconsin being on the weak side is they never seem to have those big games on the schedule like yesterday's Michigan/MSU. Kind of a boring schedule this year actually for the Badgers and the buzz is not really there. Other than Alabama, there really hasn't been a game that makes you super excited. Iowa. Maybe.

You put an Ohio State on the docket any week and immediately there is more interest. I think next year's schedule UW finally gets some of the better teams from the other side. Will be nice to play Michigan State, Michigan, and Ohio State again. Just makes it more interesting.

Edit: Oh my goodness. If you haven't seen the Badgers schedule for next year yet....take a look. Much better Big Ten competition. Gonna be fun.

Post Your Comment
10/18/15 @ 6:31 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
What an awesome collapse by Michigan last night. I couldn't have scripted a more enjoyable way to see the Maize and Blue lose a game. Classic, scintillating stuff! Harbaugh couldn't even whine about the final outcome.

Tim

Post Your Comment
10/11/15 @ 11:04 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Tim, Just read your post....I thought the same thing at the time too about Ohio State. Guess neither of us saw that coming.

This year is a strange year in the Big Ten. Michigan State and Ohio State either seem disinterested or they simply aren't as good as we all thought. Ohio State, in particular, has loads of talent and shouldn't be playing like they are playing.

Michigan is the biggest story though. Can't believe how they are playing. I really thought Northwestern was the real deal. And maybe they are. But, c'mon. 38-0. Never saw that coming. Harbaugh and Meyer were the two biggest victories for the Big Ten the last couple of years. Both have elevated their programs significantly in a short time.

Iowa is a surprise and seem like a solid Top 20 team but just not sure they would do well in a major bowl game if that does happen.

Wisconsin is clearly looking for their offense to come around. But, this might be the best defense at UW in a long time.

Is Minnesota ever going to turn that corner? And, Penn State looks good once again. It's horrible how unbalanced the two sides of the Big Ten are if you look at the teams in each division-both short term and long term, just doesn't make sense.

Post Your Comment
8/19/14 @ 6:31 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Time to bring this thread back to the top! Big Smile

It's reported that Braxton Miller re-injured his already surgically repaired throwing shoulder in practice yesterday. tOSU has absolutely NOBODY who can fill in at any type of a productive level if he is lost for any length of time.

On a more nationwide note: The first Top 25 of the year came out and there are 8 teams from the SEC on it. Arkansas is not one of them. Wink I know the pre-season polls are complete BS as not a single team has played a down yet. There should not be ANY polls until at least Oct. 15.

Tim

Post Your Comment
3/31/14 @ 10:17 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
When Penn St. hired Franklin I thought he would be a hell of a recruiter. I didn't think he would be this good this soon. He is getting some great commitments already. Couple that I thought would have worn red.

Post Your Comment
1/1/14 @ 7:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Big Ten with a much better than anticipated day. I would have never picked the two teams that won if you told me two would prevail today. Maybe, just maybe Nebraska can elevate the program in the upcoming years. Michigan State topped it off with an eye-opening win. What a game! They have a lot to be proud of in both b-ball and football right now. Hopefully Ohio State wins and it's not such a bad bowl year for the Big Ten.

Post Your Comment
1/1/14 @ 10:33 AM
TheBigMarmooska
TheBigMarmooska
USER since 6/13/09
That is not a perception, it is reality. The Big 10 is week, and has been for quite a while. A .500 record in Bowl games is hardly ever seen. 2-4, 2-5 more the norm. A few years they have even been shut out of the win column. I think Bucky will have a good game with Carolina. MSU will have their hands full. We will see.

Post Your Comment
1/1/14 @ 10:25 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Monster day for the conference and it's national perception. Make no mistake, the perception is down on the Big Ten. Win 2 or 3 of the 4 games today and it could start heading the other way. Win all 4 and everyone's talking. So far, Minnesota and Michigan have disappointing. Today's match ups are not going to be easy. Does anybody see Nebraska beating Georgia? I don't. It may not even be close. Iowa/LSU-another bad matchup for the Big Ten. Unless LSU is lacking motivation, which may be the case, they should easily handle Iowa. I like Michigan State, but I am so impressed with Stanford that I can't see any Big Ten team able to beat the Cardinal. Wisconsin has a shot at South Carolina, but I'd have to favor SC. The senior QB may be the difference and they are a very fast team which always produces a couple of big plays just due to speed. So, I have the Big Ten at 0-4 today, but let's hope that's not the case. These are tough match ups, but maybe part of that reason is that the 3 Big Ten vs. the 3 from another conference or Big Ten 4 vs. other conference 4 isn't a good match up because the other conferences are simply deeper and better? Let's hope I'm wrong on my predictions today....Anybody else have thoughts before these games begin?

Post Your Comment
12/8/13 @ 8:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
I can't take too much credit for my "good calls". A couple of websites last night gave me all the insight I needed.

I think Ohio State will beat Clemson. Iowa probably won't be able to keep up with LSU, but will LSU be very motivated? Hard to say. They are used to bigger and better things. Wisconsin/South Carolina-I guess I see SC with a slight advantage. Missouri would have been a better matchup for Wisconsin. I love the way Michigan State is playing, but I love the way Stanford is playing even more. They whipped Arizona State last night. Michigan should be able to handle Kansas State even though I have thought Michigan is overated all year. Minnesota should beat Syracuse which will help Minnesota continue to build their program and Nebraska will get romped by Georgia. Ok, those are my thoughts....what about the rest of you?

No matter how much you don't like certain Big Ten teams, wins are good for the conference and will always help the perception of the Badgers. Especially if the Big Ten is able to beat some SEC teams, which will not be easy.

Edited on 12/8/13 10:36 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 849 Posts