USER since 4/2/02
Let's talk Big 10 football!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 854 Posts
11/19/17 @ 7:53 AM
TheBigMarmooska
TheBigMarmooska
USER since 6/13/09

Big Bucky fan for football(hate their hoops though), but I've never been a huge fan of the football conference.  Last year they seemed top end good, this year???  Also, look at the bottom feeders of this disaster.  Rutgers, Maryland (two great adds to the conference), Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, and need I say Illinois!!  Then throw in the mediocrity that is Iowa, Northwestern and Nebraska?  Ohio St and Penn St. can be great on any given day, but can also be average on any day.  Michigan, Michigan St. ?  Not good by any stretch. More average than good.  That leaves Bucky.  What are they?  Who are they?  Love their defense.  Love their receivers and O line.  I don't like the fact that Hornibrook can't move much and throws a bunch of picks.  I hope they crush Minnesota, and then play well in Indy. Who knows?  Are they a top 4 team?  Probably not.  Do they deserve to be in the dance at 13-0.  I would say yes.  You can only beat who's on your schedule.

Post Your Comment
11/18/17 @ 3:35 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Ha Ha. Nebraska winning 10-7. Glad I don't bet. Still think Penn State will roll. And, just how good is Ohio State? Unbelievable. How do you get up on teams 28-0 so early? They might win by 60 today....What a machine. Sill don't know what happened at Iowa. 

Post Your Comment
11/18/17 @ 3:16 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

7-0 Penn State over Nebraska. I feel a 52-10 type game here. Don't think Nebraska will be able to compete.

I'm not impressed with the Big Ten this year as a whole. Don't think they'll do so well in bowl games, but I hope I'm wrong. 

Post Your Comment
10/28/17 @ 5:51 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

Those were very good games that came down to the end. Penn State stunk it up in the 4th quarter and Northwestern took 3 ot's to beat Michigan State

Post Your Comment
10/28/17 @ 5:20 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Heck of a game and come back ohio state and penn state , not to mention northwestern michigan state 

Edited on 10/28/17 5:24 PM
Post Your Comment
1/2/17 @ 6:14 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Big ten 3-6 in Bowl games. Thought they'd show better than this. Hope Penn State can end  it on a good note. 

Post Your Comment
10/18/15 @ 7:40 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
That was amazing to see Tim I agree, never could have seen that coming. But, I gotta admit, Harbaugh has done an awesome job over there at Michigan. Way over expectations.

The bummer about Wisconsin being on the weak side is they never seem to have those big games on the schedule like yesterday's Michigan/MSU. Kind of a boring schedule this year actually for the Badgers and the buzz is not really there. Other than Alabama, there really hasn't been a game that makes you super excited. Iowa. Maybe.

You put an Ohio State on the docket any week and immediately there is more interest. I think next year's schedule UW finally gets some of the better teams from the other side. Will be nice to play Michigan State, Michigan, and Ohio State again. Just makes it more interesting.

Edit: Oh my goodness. If you haven't seen the Badgers schedule for next year yet....take a look. Much better Big Ten competition. Gonna be fun.

Post Your Comment
10/18/15 @ 5:31 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
What an awesome collapse by Michigan last night. I couldn't have scripted a more enjoyable way to see the Maize and Blue lose a game. Classic, scintillating stuff! Harbaugh couldn't even whine about the final outcome.

Tim

Post Your Comment
10/11/15 @ 10:04 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Tim, Just read your post....I thought the same thing at the time too about Ohio State. Guess neither of us saw that coming.

This year is a strange year in the Big Ten. Michigan State and Ohio State either seem disinterested or they simply aren't as good as we all thought. Ohio State, in particular, has loads of talent and shouldn't be playing like they are playing.

Michigan is the biggest story though. Can't believe how they are playing. I really thought Northwestern was the real deal. And maybe they are. But, c'mon. 38-0. Never saw that coming. Harbaugh and Meyer were the two biggest victories for the Big Ten the last couple of years. Both have elevated their programs significantly in a short time.

Iowa is a surprise and seem like a solid Top 20 team but just not sure they would do well in a major bowl game if that does happen.

Wisconsin is clearly looking for their offense to come around. But, this might be the best defense at UW in a long time.

Is Minnesota ever going to turn that corner? And, Penn State looks good once again. It's horrible how unbalanced the two sides of the Big Ten are if you look at the teams in each division-both short term and long term, just doesn't make sense.

Post Your Comment
8/19/14 @ 5:31 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Time to bring this thread back to the top! Big Smile

It's reported that Braxton Miller re-injured his already surgically repaired throwing shoulder in practice yesterday. tOSU has absolutely NOBODY who can fill in at any type of a productive level if he is lost for any length of time.

On a more nationwide note: The first Top 25 of the year came out and there are 8 teams from the SEC on it. Arkansas is not one of them. Wink I know the pre-season polls are complete BS as not a single team has played a down yet. There should not be ANY polls until at least Oct. 15.

Tim

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 854 Posts