USER since 4/2/02
Let's talk Big 10 football!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 860 Posts
11/11/18 @ 10:28 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02
Northwestern is not a great football team but they have guts. I really like their coach Pat Fitzgerald. I would say out of all the teams in the West that Northwestern deserves to be where they are. They beat Purdue on the road and their only loss was a tough game against Michigan. I think the Northwestern vs. Michigan Championship game will be closer than OSU vs. Michigan game in a couple weeks.

Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 6:07 AM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

Michigan gonna clobber OSU. That team is in disarray. Urban Meyer is going to have another 'heart attack' and re-retire. Turns out that if you show you have no integrity, those around you lose faith in you. 

Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 10:40 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Purdue has been playing well. They had everything to play for today...especially with Wisconsin having a down year. Big Ten West title a possibility. Then, they lose  to Minnesota 41-10 in one of the biggest "That doesn't even make sense" scores I've seen all year. No way I would have thought Minnesota wins that game...and not by that score. 

Now, Northwestern, at 6-4 is ALREADY the Big Ten west champs. That's unreal on so many levels. Congrats to them. But, it kind of gives the Big Ten West a bad look when the champ is 0-3 out of conference. 

But, again, Congrats! Nobody saw NW winning the West that I know of. Give NW credit though because they played Michigan tough, beat MSU and won At Iowa. 

In other news, the Ohio State/Michigan game promises to be a thriller. I think the winner goes onto the Title Game and I would think they could beat Northwestern.  Wisconsin Purdue was looking to be an outstanding match up, and it may still be, but the drama of the Big Ten west title is gone. 

Post Your Comment
9/15/18 @ 9:13 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Ohio state looks to have a very fast defense .

Post Your Comment
9/15/18 @ 9:04 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Horrible week for the Big Ten. 

The worst performances (in no particular order).

Akron is currently winning by 11 AT Northwestern. What has happened to NW this year? 

Kansas beats Rutgers 55-14. I'm still not convinced Rutgers has a program that can be competitive in the Big Ten. 

Temple over Maryland by 21 in Maryland! Yikes.

Nebraska loses at home to TROY. Are you kidding me? 

BYU going into Camp Randall and beating Wisconsin.

What a tough tough week for the Big Ten. Thank goodness Ohio State is winning under the Bright lights and prime time or today might be a "worst day ever" scenario for Big Ten football. 

Post Your Comment
11/19/17 @ 7:53 AM
TheBigMarmooska
TheBigMarmooska
USER since 6/13/09

Big Bucky fan for football(hate their hoops though), but I've never been a huge fan of the football conference.  Last year they seemed top end good, this year???  Also, look at the bottom feeders of this disaster.  Rutgers, Maryland (two great adds to the conference), Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, and need I say Illinois!!  Then throw in the mediocrity that is Iowa, Northwestern and Nebraska?  Ohio St and Penn St. can be great on any given day, but can also be average on any day.  Michigan, Michigan St. ?  Not good by any stretch. More average than good.  That leaves Bucky.  What are they?  Who are they?  Love their defense.  Love their receivers and O line.  I don't like the fact that Hornibrook can't move much and throws a bunch of picks.  I hope they crush Minnesota, and then play well in Indy. Who knows?  Are they a top 4 team?  Probably not.  Do they deserve to be in the dance at 13-0.  I would say yes.  You can only beat who's on your schedule.

Post Your Comment
11/18/17 @ 3:35 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Ha Ha. Nebraska winning 10-7. Glad I don't bet. Still think Penn State will roll. And, just how good is Ohio State? Unbelievable. How do you get up on teams 28-0 so early? They might win by 60 today....What a machine. Sill don't know what happened at Iowa. 

Post Your Comment
11/18/17 @ 3:16 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

7-0 Penn State over Nebraska. I feel a 52-10 type game here. Don't think Nebraska will be able to compete.

I'm not impressed with the Big Ten this year as a whole. Don't think they'll do so well in bowl games, but I hope I'm wrong. 

Post Your Comment
10/28/17 @ 5:51 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

Those were very good games that came down to the end. Penn State stunk it up in the 4th quarter and Northwestern took 3 ot's to beat Michigan State

Post Your Comment
10/28/17 @ 5:20 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Heck of a game and come back ohio state and penn state , not to mention northwestern michigan state 

Edited on 10/28/17 5:24 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 860 Posts