Beer Prices At Venues

8/15/14 @ 3:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Higgs
Higgs
USER since 1/14/13
I went to the race track last nite in kaukauna with the fiancé and for ONE beer was 3.00 dollars. OMG ............ My fiancé can buy me a 30 pack of bush lite for 16 bucks and that comes down to about 54 cents a beer. What a rip off! I seen some peeps that I knew and they all bought me a beer plus I snuck some in my jacket so I didn't have to pay such a ridiculous price. I only spent 6. Dollars on a nacho supreme and a red rope licorice 4 the fiancé . I did get a great buzz on and the fiancé drove. I am on un employment now so I can't afford the high prices of beer at venues like that. I call that price gauging. Wat do you guys think about the price mark up at these places........... Thx for letting me vent
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 85 Posts
3/10/17 @ 1:14 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I was at a concert recently that was charging 8 bucks for a beer.

Post Your Comment
3/8/17 @ 12:04 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

I am not sure I could drink that PBR stuff even if it were free.  My college buddy used to keep 16 oz cans of it in his cupboard and drink it at room temperature.  Nasty stuff.  I don't think he worries about his beer costs though as he has his own box at Lambeau now.

Post Your Comment
3/8/17 @ 10:49 AM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02

I'm a big fan of carry-ins especially at Lambeau. Ticket prices just went up so I can only imagine that concessions did as well

Edited on 3/8/17 10:50 AM
Post Your Comment
3/8/17 @ 10:34 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01

Higgs - you usually tip around 10%?...Good fer you. Them waitresses are overpaid anyways

Beer "prices"...I was at an industry convention with a "meet and greet" one night. Free beer for hours (three different craft beers) but soda priced at $2.50 for an 8oz glass.

Same with a club I belong to....The president is a LL'er,BTW...fundraising functions with "free beer" as part of the admission but soda pop is 'pay for"?...Used-to-be I could pound down 20 tappers with no problem. I can't drink more than 3 soda pops...Soda's a buck,btw...ain't that I can't afford a couple/three sodas but if non-drinkers aren't considered then THIS non-drinker ain't gonna subsidize the drinkin'.

There's other venues with inexpensive beer but cans of (often generic) sodas are priced in the $2.50 range. Often fundraisers

Post Your Comment
3/7/17 @ 7:55 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

Best beer price at a venue is without question the Hodag country fest.  Can carry in your own!

Post Your Comment
3/7/17 @ 7:53 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

That's highway robbery Higgers!!!!! $3.99 on a Coors Lite? Did your sweet brides drink have more alcohol in it? I'm thinking that may have been the most cost effective way to throw away 40 bucks! Might not taste as good, but hell, it has more punch. What did you get the small portions of? If I want small portions, I'll go on a diet with the wife and she will give us small portions! I don't want some business giving me small portions!!!! Good points Higgs, I agree 100%.

Post Your Comment
3/7/17 @ 6:06 PM
Higgs
Higgs
USER since 1/14/13

Boy oh boy, the bride and I went 2 apple bees 4 a bite 2  eat. She had a small margarita @ 3.49 and I had a coors lite.  3.99 for the coors lite. Really........ that's highway robbery. Not going back there. 36 dollars later and not big portions and then a 4 dollar tip made it a even 40 bucks. Yup 

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 1:38 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
Just take in your own. Hope you have better luck than this guy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3-DSz5f21Q

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 1:23 PM
Badgerloader
Badgerloader
USER since 4/10/11
Teach them a lesson by not buying any beer.

Post Your Comment
2/27/15 @ 5:36 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Pilot must have a date.... He hot footed that 737 to Denver

No saunas coach, wife is ok with me flirting for bargins. Big Smile

Edited on 2/27/15 5:38 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 85 Posts