BACON!!!

12/22/08 @ 10:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
Bacon is a wonderful meat. It can stand alone as a dinner, or simply wrap a bountiful harvest of meat and inject its luscious nectar.

Bacon certainly warrants a thread of its own, so I present BACON a forum of its own.

How do you like it cooked? Me, slightly crispy. I don't mind the maple syrup bacon, but prefer a nice thick slab of bacon meat.

Bacon grease is almost a marinade. What can't you cook in bacon grease, and improve the flavor? Bacon bit ice cream is in my future.

Favorite bacon: I'd have to say buying a slab at 45 Meats in Poysippi, and then slicing 1/4-1/2" or so slices and frying that up...BACON STEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best bacon dinner: Last spring after shroom hunting down by boscobel, we were camping at my buds by Rockbridge and had about a 2ft frying pan on the fire coals with piles of walleye fillets, morel mushrooms, onions and BACON!!! It was the most heavenly feast ever.

Bacon wrapped back straps...

Bacon wrapped chicken breast, with a cream cheese n garlic inside

Something I must try is a bacon-weaved cheese log: http://www.holytaco.com/if-i-die-bacon-related-death-id-it-be-because

MuskyHunter has a killer bacon burger I'm sure he'll share...

LL-Painterman cooked up some heavenly bacon at the Quasi last weekend. It was wrapped/piled on a vennie hind quarter, and injected with and poured upon with some of the finest marinades known to mankind. Ask Paint! He didn't get to eat any, cuz JJ ate it all! Big Smile

Anyways, let's hear your favorite bacon recipes and stories!

I want to hear about the Lake-Link Bacon Fest '09! When/where?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 381 Posts
10/24/17 @ 1:11 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Post Your Comment
3/23/17 @ 10:44 PM
BOBBYB
BOBBYB
USER since 5/24/03

Had this tonight awesome

Post Your Comment
3/23/17 @ 10:21 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

Just made a creamy potato soup.  First thing to do is fry a pound of bacon and set it aside.  Drain the grease, but don't wipe the pot.  Once it is cooked I run half through a blender .  Super smooth. Top with the bacon.  Wowsers 

Post Your Comment
3/22/17 @ 9:07 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
USER since 2/4/09

Frying bluegills in bacon grease...can't beat it

Post Your Comment
3/16/17 @ 6:13 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

had to share

Toddler discovers

Post Your Comment
2/8/17 @ 10:19 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
Post Your Comment
2/8/17 @ 9:50 PM
snag1
snag1
MEMBER since 1/23/10

Wasn't fake news my friend. I own a bar and grill that serves breakfast and bacon is going up to $6 or $7 a pound in near future. There is a big shortage in pork bellies. Fast food chains with all day breakfasts and special bacon burgers have caused a shortage. Just my 2 cents worth.

Post Your Comment
2/8/17 @ 8:39 PM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

12Pack-  I know some folks call these "Fatty's" and it is something I will definitely try on my smoker this year.. Your picture made me hungry!!!

Post Your Comment
2/8/17 @ 4:33 PM
12packabs
12packabs
USER since 12/19/06

Can't remember if I shared this pic...its a Bacon Bomb done on my smoker, 2.5 hours at 225F, filling is breakfast sausage stuffed with cream cheese, Monterey Jack and 3 chopped jalepenos.  It was killer...

Post Your Comment
2/7/17 @ 3:34 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 381 Posts