ATV 4 wheeler mechanic needed

1/23/16 @ 12:34 PM
ORIGINAL POST
rks
rks
MEMBER since 1/22/06
Got a old Suzuki 160 four wheeler that has been sitting in the garage for the last 6 years with gas and needless to say, won't start. Anybody know of a good place to have it fixed that won't charge me more than it's worth? Around the McHenry and Chain O lakes area. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
1/26/16 @ 7:36 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
USER since 5/19/10
Best place to go near you is Nielsens

NIELSEN ENTERPRISES, INC. POWERSPORTS CENTER

130 S. Milwaukee Ave. (Rt. 83) Lake Villa, IL 60046 Phone: 847.356.3000 Fax: 847.356.2333 Map & Hours | Contact Us

Post Your Comment
1/26/16 @ 6:49 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
I'd visit to call a shop near you. Tell them you would like to get it running but don't want to put a lot of $$ into it, set a limit. They can try a few easy things, they should know the tricks.

How old, Decent shape? If it ran good 6 years ago I would do a few things myself. I would start with a new spark plug, drain all fuel, get fresh. Make sure there are no mouse nests in the air intake, and anywhere else.

With fresh gas and plug I would have some 'starter fluid' handy, give a squirt into the intake and pull. If a battery is involved you could get one yourself. These items would cost little. After that if no-go, then consider the shop options.

Post Your Comment