Anyone else have a mancave?

4/3/16 @ 5:57 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
For some reason I recall a "mancave" thread, but couldn't seem to find it. I'm guessing no one has posted on it for a year or more so it got archived. I've been poking at mine for a few years, and finally got er' complete. I picked up the pool table and dart board off of CL for a decent price, and made the picture table and picture wall. Over the years I've tried to take pics of family outings - the kids grow up way too fast. The picture wall is nothing more than going through the external hard drive and picking out pictures from when my wife and I got married to present with our boys. The mounts are my boy's firsts... First deer, first duck, first drake, etc... The table is pics of our family deer / duck hunts, and fishing / camping outings on the Wolf. Anyone else have a mancave they are done with or a work in progress? SnakSter, think you have your mancave in your garage if I remember right. Anyone else? Post a few pics!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 82 Posts
4/27/18 @ 8:15 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
MEMBER since 12/11/01

A few photos from my man cave

Edited on 4/27/18 8:16 PM
Post Your Comment
4/27/18 @ 6:53 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08

I do have one item in the mancave that has a lady in it.  My wife caught her first and only musky a couple of weeks before our first child was born - a very nice 40 incher.  I had a shadow box made to commemorate the event.  After that fish, she never really cared to catch another one.

Forgive the face blackout.....I would be toast if she knew I posted a pic of her in a pregnant condition.

Edited on 4/27/18 6:56 PM
Post Your Comment
4/27/18 @ 6:18 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Polski....that is a cool display.  South Bend river runts, bass-orenos, surf orenos, jointed pikies, etc are awesome baits.

Your post actually jarred my interest to look back into my dad's tackle boxes I acquired after he passed away.  I found several baits like the one's you displayed, some still in the original boxes. 

Post Your Comment
4/27/18 @ 5:52 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03

One of my projects for this winter was to build some kind of display case for some of the old lures I have. I went with a boat shape which worked out well once I got the oak to bend (should have did cedar or something a lot softer). 

After reading through these post it looks like I have a combination of Unclesmallies case with the old lures and Plmik's picture table. I put some of my favorite pics of my Dad, Father inlaw, myself, son and grandson. Left out the ladies/girls, sorry but it is a man cave.

Edited on 4/27/18 5:55 PM
Post Your Comment
4/27/18 @ 5:20 PM
unclesmallie
unclesmallie
USER since 8/26/01

Music cave.

Post Your Comment
4/27/18 @ 4:44 PM
unclesmallie
unclesmallie
USER since 8/26/01

I have a "manhouse"

Post Your Comment
4/27/18 @ 2:11 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Any updates or new additions from anyone out there?

Post Your Comment
8/15/16 @ 8:20 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Thanks everyone for the kind words.  That is actually my daughter in the picture (16.5 months old).  My son will be 7 in a couple weeks (where does time go?).  My wife and I actually had the conversation about my son hanging out with his friends down there in a couple years.  I told my wife that was part of my goal in finishing that room.  I'd love for our house to be the hang out, because then I know where he is.  Plus, the beer fridge has a lock on it :)  

Post Your Comment
8/14/16 @ 7:33 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12

Looks awesome Dude. That cabinet looks awesome and that fridge with the clear door and LED lights is pretty sweet. 

Also, your son is adorable. It looks like he's thirsty for a beer in that first picture 

Edited on 8/14/16 7:34 PM
Post Your Comment
8/14/16 @ 7:27 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

That is spot on nif...  A nuk one year and college the next.  My oldest is off to college this year - time just flies.

My boys 16 and 19 used the mancave 30:1 - that is all good, always good to have the kids and their buds hanging out in the basement. 

Now that my oldest is leaving the nest, I'll have to start using it more. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 82 Posts