Anyone build a new garage lately? Pricing?

12/23/14 @ 2:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Cambridge
Cambridge
USER since 3/21/14
Hello I'm looking to build a new 22x26 garage 5x12 pitch with 16x8 ft tall door Had a quote for 21k includes 9ft walls, concrete footings and slab, all electrical, vinyl siding,service door,window And a fair amount of excavating to fill and level and all the labor and permits. Does this seem high? Anyone have other garage costs to compare? I know I could save a lot by doing myself but this is at our vacation property and I don't have a lot of time to do it myself
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
9/25/16 @ 12:21 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

If you may want an 8' × 7' overhead door on the back for any reason, I have one with all hardware for cheap. Uninsulated but easy to do so.

Tim

Post Your Comment
9/25/16 @ 8:28 AM
High banks Mark
High banks Mark
USER since 11/24/14

Just had a 28x32 garage built. Same dimension doors, but on both ends for drive through.  Price for the building was around the $22K mark, but excavating and fill was extra and the garage doors were not included. 

$21K seems pretty reasonable  

Edited on 9/25/16 8:29 AM
Post Your Comment
12/26/14 @ 2:38 PM
Cambridge
Cambridge
USER since 3/21/14
Anyone else build a new garage recently. How much $ is fair for a 22x26?

Post Your Comment
12/23/14 @ 4:11 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Built a 24x28 2.5 to 3 years ago. Most of the money is in concrete. Depending on your slope of land for foundation, it can get pricey. Bought kit from Menards, got good price on labor from a friend ( who I assisted when I could), and you're coming in at a very good price compared to my project. Price and work going into concrete is really the big difference maker. I added 13ft of concrete on the side for future ext. I would say you're coming in at a good price with everything done. This is foundation to frost line. I just helped build garage, not lay concrete.

Edited on 12/24/14 8:43 AM
Post Your Comment
12/23/14 @ 3:03 PM
Cambridge
Cambridge
USER since 3/21/14
Thanks Josh I was looking at menards prices too trying to back into the price of the quote. Estimating labor labor and concrete. The construction Market must be picking up too since I'm not getting a lot of call backs for quotes. Could be the season too. Anyone else out there with garage price history??

Post Your Comment