Anybody else ever wrestle Victor the Wrasslin Bear?

7/10/14 @ 10:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
chopper
chopper
USER since 7/2/01
Took him on at the sports show in Madison in 1974. I weighed a 150 pounds then but Victor kicked my butt good. He weighed about 600. He trapped me under his paw and blew some pretty stinky breath at me. My wife goes to bed sometimes with liver sausage trapped in her teeth and her morning breath isn't as bad as Victors. Victors owner gave him a Pepsi after he pinned me and Victor drank it all down. Now that I weigh 250 I'd like to try it again and maybe this time I would get the Pepsi? Anybody else wrestle that bear?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 15 Posts
7/13/14 @ 4:10 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
USER since 5/19/10
Dug out a few of the old patches from the sport shows

Edited on 7/13/14 4:11 PM
Post Your Comment
7/13/14 @ 6:34 AM
deskjockey
deskjockey
USER since 1/23/10
ChiTown, That was John Bromfield- and those were great shows at the Amphiteater. The trout fishing tank was huge, they had working water dog exhibitions and it was real outdoor stuff, not the crap that passes for a show these days. Good times with my Dad...

Post Your Comment
7/13/14 @ 12:41 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06
Boy you guys just brought memories back to me!!! The year was 1967 and the bears name was"TEDDY THE TERRIBLE" managed by a broken down ex pro wrestler named "TUFFY TRUSDALE" I figured what the HELL I'm going to Viet Nam so why not try to beat this DARN BEAR at the amphitheater at 47th and Halsted in Chi-town. The Bear beat me,I beat viet nam and the rest is history!!! Do any of you old guys remember who starred in the sitcom"THE sheriff OF COCHISE???? WELL HE WAS THE HEAD-LINER AT THIS SHOW HERE IN CHICAGO FOR YRS.

Post Your Comment
7/12/14 @ 9:14 PM
chopper
chopper
USER since 7/2/01
My fantasy is to find Victor at some zoo for old bears and jump him and whoop him a couple of times in the stomach and say, "PAyback is a B.....ear." and then dance around drinking a Pepsi like he did.

Edited on 7/12/14 9:15 PM
Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 2:42 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02
Never did but I did see a guy almost take him . The guy had to be about 6'4" and was able to get behind him and wrap his long arms under one armpit and over the other shoulder . However the bears weight won out in the end .

Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 1:24 PM
BUD E LEE
BUD E LEE
USER since 5/19/10
Early 70s at Chicago Amphitheather sport show

Edited on 7/11/14 4:22 PM
Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 9:39 AM
beanbag
beanbag
USER since 12/17/09
Aint you the guy who just about got his ass kicked by a raccoon and now you want to mess with a bear.

Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 8:12 AM
chopper
chopper
USER since 7/2/01
When I wrestled him he was listed at 600 pounds. A Mr. Truesdale was his owner. That was pretty impressive footage, Mr. Destroyer. I went down in about 15 seconds and never got up until Victor was up and Mr. Truesdale had Victor's his paw in the air to signal the win. I think he defeated about 10 guys that night. One guy was missing a pretty good sized clump of hair.

Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 7:45 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
LMAO!!

...can't talk bear talk..hahaha

Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 6:52 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
This was me back in the day when I was in good shape. Since then, I've really let myself go. I had to wear the mask because Vic used to chew on my ears when I'd wrassle with him. Don't let Mike Tyson fool you into thinking that he came up with that move. I had him dead to rights in this bout but his handler stepped in and sucker punched me. What a punk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjnuVFmiDfM

Victor was a fierce competitor. I worked out with him once and his training regimen was nearly unbearable.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 15 Posts