Any Runners out there?

5/30/11 @ 8:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
sapman
sapman
USER since 8/16/01
Just curious who runs, how often, and what races do you do?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 98 Posts
9/20/14 @ 12:56 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
Good luck to all those Fox Cities runners this weekend!

Post Your Comment
10/20/13 @ 7:36 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
Very cool CCC, good going!

Post Your Comment
10/20/13 @ 1:19 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
USER since 4/5/09
Got my first half-marathon under my belt today. Beat my two hour goal and came in at just under 1:56. Pretty happy!

Post Your Comment
10/19/13 @ 1:26 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I guess I "did" the Vibe color run this morning with my wife. She registered and had a goal of running/jogging the whole 5k without walking.

I jogged behind and to the side until she saw me then I jogged/briskly walked alongside her. I took 26 pictures but 3 were of my feet. Gawd,I'm a great photog. lol.

I'm not a runner any longer: I could feel my plantar's threatening to act up if I even considered running any distances every again. As it is,my left foot's a bit achy or something.

Shouldn't have brought the binoculars,shouldn't have worn as many layers...but she didn't expect to have anyone down there to watch her or give support. I showed up 10 minutes before it began and didn't even ogle one single young female athlete. Double brownie points?...OK,so there's no bonus in the no-ogling but I realize doing so negates the first.

Post Your Comment
10/19/13 @ 10:55 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
Yeah they are impressive LF. Also found out that I was mistaken on how fast I can run. I frequently use the treadmill, and the course was outside, which slowed me down considerably. I gave it all I had and I was mid 8's per mile. the kids on the other hand are running a mile in the 6's, there was 0 chance of me keeping up. Next year maybe I'll wear one of those orange triangles on my back so the kids don't run me over or mistake me for a tree.

Post Your Comment
10/19/13 @ 8:24 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Those high school cross country runners are impressive. My cousin just ran 16:59 at his last meet. I plug along at a 9-10 minute miles and can't imagine running those kind of times.

Post Your Comment
10/18/13 @ 9:04 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
It was a fun race. The coach had the kids run 2 miles before the parents showed up. It didn't slow them down much, the kids still beat the parents rather convincingly, those kids can run like the wind.

My son even slowed down so the old man could catch up, thought that was nice gesture...

Post Your Comment
10/18/13 @ 7:13 PM
fishs
fishs
MEMBER since 2/17/04
Been a runner for 42 years. Start warm and strip down as you go. Maybe have someone at the halfway point to collect a layer. In my younger days at 32* I would prolly start off in shorts with a tee shirt, gloves and wind breaker (no hat) but over time my tolerance for the weather has changed. Good luck and start slow. Plenty of distance to use all the fuel in the tank the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the run.

Post Your Comment
10/18/13 @ 3:59 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
USER since 4/5/09
Signed up to do my first ever half-marathon on Sunday. The distance isn't worrying me too much, but the weather forecast isn't boosting my confidence. Maybe into the low/mid 30's at the start with a rather light wind. Just a little concerned how heavy...or light, to dress. I'm a pretty sweaty guy, which leads to a nice chill after soaking through a layer. Haven't had the opportunity to run in chilly weather in forever, so I guess we'll just see how the body reacts!

Post Your Comment
10/7/13 @ 8:08 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
So my boy is in cross country this year. Next week is the parent / child run. I believe it is a 2 mile run. I run a mile comfortably in around 8 minutes, 7 if I'm pushing it. Hope that is enough to keep up with the boy and all his buddies...

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 98 Posts