abuse of a lake and leaving trash

4/16/15 @ 4:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
luvcrappie
luvcrappie
MEMBER since 2/24/13
I posted in the fishing reports that I see so many people catching their limit of fish not once twice three times and sometimes more...some are locals but many are out of towners.....I dont do much spring and summer fishing because I love Ice Fishing more than any other....but ya know something...its the same crap....come and fish our lake(s) abuse the laws and then leave your trash all over the place....locals as well as out of towners....damn all, have respect for something that is so so special...we loose great land...springs....and sometimes lakes to the government and the corporations that dont really care about anything but the all mighty frigging dollar. really, lets keep the sanctity of the outdoors intact for our ...well my 8 grandkids and 1 great grandson to enjoy....what happened since the late 60's and early 70's when people seemed to understand....its not alway about killing a deer.....getting pheasants...ducks or fish....its about the time you spend outdoors and be in awe of what is around you....sorry for the rant....
Edited on 4/16/15 4:18 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts
5/6/15 @ 9:39 AM
swamp people
swamp people
USER since 5/14/12
These kind of actions have cost fisherman many excellent fishing spots in an area that is privately owned. There are piers and access to a lake. We use to let all fish here, because we believe every one should be able to fish until people abused the right to fish. here are some reason's it went private.

Garbage, cigarette buttes, seniors walking around and people with there Dicks in there hand pissing,just what a grandma wants to see walking with her grand kids, people taking poop on the ice, items stolen and vandalized from boats, carving there names in peirs, harassing wild life, killing wild life, the list could go on.

When every one was shut out, we where called names, had property destroyed and vandalized. This was just the beginning. Now remember every one was welcome at one point. They ruined it for them selves and every one else. Now its completely private. Cars have towed and tickets issued. Very sad indeed.

Edited on 5/6/15 12:41 PM
Post Your Comment
5/6/15 @ 9:25 AM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10
I would like to see the shack that someone could hide a Milwaukee radio under it. Really people. sounds like an excuse for laziness

Post Your Comment
4/27/15 @ 7:05 AM
Higgs
Higgs
USER since 1/14/13
Believe it or not but we went white bass fishing in new London off shore and we picked up a few cans but the worst was the plastic water bottles.

Post Your Comment
4/26/15 @ 1:35 PM
FDL Mike
FDL Mike
USER since 6/15/01
someone actually dumped a couch in there

Post Your Comment
4/26/15 @ 1:34 PM
FDL Mike
FDL Mike
USER since 6/15/01
was out at the Lagoon the other day, some call it the Old Chapperal, whatever , I thought it was a fishing spot , turns out it is now a dump..

Post Your Comment
4/26/15 @ 12:34 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Just back from lake. Plastic soda bottle had to be picked up at launch. Then I saw an older gentleman from Illinois launch his boat. He started engine, threw his cig butt in the water, and took off. Real classy. What an idiot.

Post Your Comment
4/25/15 @ 9:22 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Ditto that, boB.

Unfortunately far too many people around who have little-to-no respect for others, that includes the environment. It's not limited to WI lakes and rivers, that's for sure.

I agree with backwards about us decent respectful folk doing all www can to identify and turn in the a-hole abusers, in addition, I generally keep a trash bag or three in my car to pick up the crap others leave behind. Beats seeing the same old garbage staring me in the face every time I go out to try to enjoy some peaceful fishing.

Edited on 4/25/15 9:23 PM
Post Your Comment
4/25/15 @ 2:14 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
wouldn't have a problem with 2nd offense litterers losing fishing privileges for a year

Post Your Comment
4/25/15 @ 11:07 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Interesting. The guy likley hid the radio under the shack in case the shack got robbed while he was away. Then didnt check under the shack when he moved it.

Post Your Comment
4/25/15 @ 10:16 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
isn't it ridiculous the amount of people that stick up for those that lack common sense... it suprises me every day on this site. More annoying is when people go out of the way to drill half a hole to put the junk into.. it takes less effort to throw the junk in a bucket then to hand auger half a hole....

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts