9-11 Never Forget

9/11/15 @ 8:09 AM
ORIGINAL POST
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I know there was a couple threads on this, but they must have been lost in the transition to new servers was watching some of the ceremonies and videos...still chilling http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks ...... "Bells will toll and tears will flow as the nation marks a dark day in sorrowful yet hopeful ceremonies. Fourteen years ago today, terrorists hijacked passenger planes and rammed two into New York City's World Trade Center, and a third one into the Pentagon in Washington. A fourth jetliner crash-landed on an empty field in Pennsylvania. By the time the carnage was over, terrorists had killed 2,977 people in one of the deadliest attacks on American soil. People, buildings and planes fell from the sky. Terrified strangers became friends as Americans united on a day that changed the world forever. Today, like every other anniversary after it happened , a resilient nation will look forward to the future, but remember the past. Here are the main events that will pay tribute to the many lives lost on September 11, 2001: " http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/11/us/september-11-anniversary/
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 33 Posts
9/11/17 @ 6:25 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

I will never forget the silence of no planes in the air(( I live by the airport)) and going deer hunting that Saturday(( it obviously was the Tuesday before the archery opener))for the opener and sitting in my stand just feeling so bad that here I am enjoying my favorite pastime while others were dealing with unimaginable pain and I just felt so lucky but also sad to be in the woods!! I remember stopping at a thrift store on the way up to buy a flag to hang up at deer camp!! I ended up finding a huge old flag in decent shape and hung it as soon as I got to camp!! I still and always will have that big old flag. The most erie thing to me was while I was hunting there was still no commercial planes flying yet but due to hunting a few miles from the hardwood gunnery range the bombers were flying and shooting((practicing)) like crazy! I remember the goosebumps on my arms were the size of golf balls and an occasional tear in my eye!! Sitting in my favorite oak tree watching them bombers just lighting up the woods was just so emotional and will never be forgotten!! I can recall every deer I ever shot but I can't remember if I even saw any deer because I can only remember watching them planes and thinking these guys messed with the wrong country!! Obviously the world has never been the same and in a weird way hunting was never quite the same! I cherish every opening weekend a little differently after 2001 and this year will be no different!! I will be in the same tree this year again and probably looking up to the heavens more than the woods and thanking my lucky stars to see another opener!! NEVER FORGOTTEN-- Casedog

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 11:13 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Can't imagine sending a message like this or receiving one.

Edited on 9/11/17 11:14 AM
Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 10:49 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

History channel has a "Path to 9-11" documentary  that is interesting.  There were many opportunities to change history, but I think the main take away is a significant terror attack was inevitable because otherwise the political barriers to prevent it would never come down. 

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 10:18 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

Seems like a blink of an eye ago. The silence here was deafening. Everybody glued to their tvs. I was pirating Direct TV and sat there watching NY broadcasts for 2 days straight.

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 7:51 AM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15

It's one of those days I (probably most of us) remember like yesterday.  It's still a sobering/somber recollection.  Remember, flags should be at half-mast.

Post Your Comment
9/11/17 @ 7:04 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

16 years ago, I still remember the day, the disbelief and the weeks and months after

I remember finally seeing planes flying again

I remember the bravery of so many first responders, and average Joe and Jane citizens

I remember the sorrow

Post Your Comment
9/11/16 @ 9:10 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

But thanks to you guys fo reminding me why I don't waste much time frequenting this site anymore.

... says the guy with the longest post on here this year.

Bin Laden was bad juju, but don't give him all the credit for 9/11. The radical Islamics are still out there in droves and yes, they still want us all dead, infidels as they refer to us who don't practice their religion. Don't think for a moment that they are done with their crap.

Just remember; "The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." --- Joseph Stalin

edit: had to give Stalin credit for the right quote

Edited on 9/11/16 9:13 PM
Post Your Comment
9/11/16 @ 8:32 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09

Craw- That is something, regardless of political persuasion, that we should all be able to agree on.

Post Your Comment
9/11/16 @ 8:28 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

BT, as long as there are still radical Muslims walking around who want to harm us, we have not killed enough of them.

Post Your Comment
9/11/16 @ 8:23 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Coach, I'd say a few hundred thousand more radials would do.  Or maybe more of their type?  Your thoughts?  Too many? Too few? 

Hope that doesn't offend you.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 33 Posts