12th Annual Unofficial Lake-Link NFL Office Pool Football Contest

8/27/14 @ 8:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
WHERE DID SUMMER GO! DAMN! Little late, but time to kick this thing up again... Congratulations to Browning3 on claiming the LL throne last season! And, a shout out to CazTrait and cubs suds & scales for their 2nd and 3rd place finishes! ---------------- Not a lot of time til the games start next Thursday, but ALL are welcome to join this pool. If anyone has any recommendations to improve it, please speak up. Keep in mind that this is just for LL bragging rights, so money probably isn't in the best interest and would complicate things. 20 players ended up sticking through the full 2012 season. If you did not finish the season, you were removed and will need to sign up once again (you can still use your same cbssportsline acct, just need to get invited back into the pool). If you finished the contest last year, you are automatically entered this year (no need for an invite). RULES: - This pool if completely FREE and is open to anyone who wants to enter. The more the merrier. Winner receives nothing except BRAGGING RIGHTS for the year. - All pool functions can be done by accessing the pools website. It's available only to registered members of the pool and nobody else. - Each player will pick a winner for each NFL game scheduled that week. - Each player will assign a 'confidence' value from 16 down to 1 (3 in bye weeks) for each game depending on how confident they are in their picks. 16 should be used for the game in which you are most confident in your picked winner, and 1 (3 in bye weeks) in the game which you are least confident in your pick. Each 'confidence' value number may only be used once each week. - Weekly winner is the player who accrues the most points that week. - Tie break is determined by assigning points to that weeks Monday Night Football game. You enter the TOTAL number of points you think will be scored by BOTH teams combined. Example if Green Bay and Minnesota are playing that weeks MNF game, and you think Green Bay will beat Minnesota 57 - 3, you would pick '60' as your MNF score for that week. - Your weekly points will continue to accrue for the entire season, and an end of season winner will be crowned after week 17 of the NFL season. 2013-14 SEASON RULE CHANGE: DEADLINE FOR MAKING PICKS One Hour Before the Days First Game - All Games will locked one hour before the scheduled start of the day's first game. For example, if there is a Thursday night game and a member did not make a selection, they would still be able to make selections for the remaining games. Please note - pool member's selections will only be displayed in the "View All" picks section for games that have locked. You just lose your "16" pick if you forget to pick prior to Thursday's game. Unless you miss Sunday's picks too, then you would get the score of the lowest player for the week. I'm the worst there is at getting my picks in during hunting season. - As pool manager, I will arbitrate in any dispute or problem, and my decision will be final....never really happens, just sayin'. SIGN UP: - Anyone who was in last years pool is still signed up. All you have to do is go to the same website as we used last year, and use the same login info you used last time around. See, pretty simple, right? - For those who are new, cbssportsline requires that everyone be invited to enter the pool via their own system. Therefore you MUST send myself, esoxcpr or Bucky10 a Lake-Link Messenger note which includes a valid email address where sportsline can send the invite. - You then follow the simple directions and register on cbssportsline (FOR FREE - just as you had to do on LL before posting for the first time) and they will allow you access to our pools private website. - Please bookmark or add to your favorites the pools private website address once you are able to access it. Everything you do will happen from that website, and you need to have an easy way to get there. - As in the past (which some have failed to do after repeated requests), once you get set up on the pools website, please set your 'handle' to your Lake Link name or handle. It's extremely easy to do using the options and then personal tabs from the top menu on the pool web page. This way everyone knows who is who and it keeps things much simpler for me when posting results on Lake-Link. - Any questions or problems, shoot me a msg and I'll respond as soon as I can. Good luck and have fun!!!! Pool link: http://lakelink.football.cbssports.com/
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 28 Posts
9/5/15 @ 8:38 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Can it be set up so that there is always a 1 point game and not a 16,15, 14, etc. when the byes start? I am in another pool like this on same system and it's set up that way.

Tim

Post Your Comment
9/3/15 @ 6:49 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02
Gator, time to get the 13th annual one going. Let's see if we can get some new blood in this year

Post Your Comment
1/1/15 @ 7:42 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Congrats to the winners, falkmania, you totally owned the rest of us! For my part, I think I won a couple of weeks, but cr@pped the bed so many other weeks that I ended up eating the dust of about a dozen udder guys.

It was fun, though, thanks for managing the pool, Gator, next stop: March Madness!

Post Your Comment
12/31/14 @ 12:48 PM
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
Falkin'A great job, falkmania, with a convincing win!...and also to runner-ups benuts and jawjerker! Another great Lake-Links season in the books.

Post Your Comment
12/31/14 @ 12:40 PM
falkamania
falkamania
USER since 7/2/03
Thanks Guys, had a lucky year this year!!

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 3:44 PM
chompers
chompers
USER since 9/4/01
Way t o go falkster !!

Post Your Comment
12/29/14 @ 8:56 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Way to go Falkster! Congrats, good picking! -melotron