what do you think of this fly rod??

3/25/15 @ 5:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mostlyfishing
mostlyfishing
USER since 6/7/13
I was thinking about get the TFO Lefty Kreh Signature II Fly Rods in a 9wt and i planed on using it for pike, steelhead, and salmon. I was wonder if you have used this rod what do you think of it?? and what are the pro's and con's of it. If you use a different rod what is it and do you like it.. my budget is around 140ish. Thank you in advanced
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
3/26/15 @ 10:47 PM
hallpass
hallpass
USER since 7/6/01
I have an axiom 7 wt for bass and a 9/10 Esox for musky. Both favorites for that type of fishing. If you want primarily a salmon/steelhead rod for smaller tributary streams you'll be fine, but might have issues picking up heavier pike flies on lakes. No good forward cast starts with an open loop backcast...distance-wise anyway. You might look for one with a faster action if pike is mostly what you are after. TFO are great rods with a good selection to choose from and the best warranty out there.

Post Your Comment
3/26/15 @ 6:57 PM
RockRiverTom
RockRiverTom
USER since 4/27/02
Although I've never cast this model, I own one TFO rod. They're nice rods for the money, and should do what youre looking for.

Post Your Comment
3/26/15 @ 2:56 PM
freemason
freemason
USER since 3/26/15
I use an old Berkely 7/8 weight from Walmart, about $30 bucks back then. Yeah, its a cheapy entry level but it chucks ou pike flies just fine. I find you don't need a heck of a lot of finesse

Post Your Comment