MORE
Fly Fishing

wading boots

10/9/17 @ 7:20 AM
INITIAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

I need to replace my old wading boots and am trying to find a pair for less than $50. If I can't find anything that won't fall apart with just a few uses, I will buy cheap hiking boots and put self tap cleats in them. I use them primarily float tubing so not much stress on them from that. Other than that, the occasional trip to the Appalachians to visit and fly fish trout with my dad and brother. Thanks.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/14/17 @ 8:50 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

My last pair I paid $85 for about 10 years ago. Back then I really got some serious use out of them. Now I would say that 90% of the time I am in a float tube and just need something to slip my stocking foot waders into. Very little actual wading in streams.

I found some boots made by Frog Toggs (Kikker) and wondered if anyone else has used them, or knows of the quality. They are on sale for $40. Not bad at all.

I usually spend way too much on my gear and am trying to strike a chord of moderation. As I get older I just don't use the stuff as hard as I used to. That's all.

10/13/17 @ 1:50 PM
Scott F
User since 6/12/10
Regular boots are not made to be soaked under water for long periods. Using cheap hiking boots for wading will cause them to fall apart quickly. A good pair of boots made for wading will last much longer and provide good footing on slippery rocks. Going cheap means buying several pairs which will cost more than buying one good pair in the first place.
10/11/17 @ 5:44 PM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

I've found couple pair in Cabela's bargain cave over the years.......

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE