MORE
Fly Fishing

U.P. trout fisherman?

6/23/16 @ 8:11 PM
INITIAL POST
woollyworm
woollyworm
User since 12/14/07

Just got back from trout fishing the UP. Of michigan.. Just wondering how many of you guys get up there fishing every year?  This yr I fished the ontanogan river with very little luck. I nvr manage to catch anything on subsurface nymphs up there. Possibly because the water is so stained in all the rivers I fish? Or maybe I'm just using the wrong flies. Saw some awesome giant stone flies fluttering around. One of those would be a meal for the little brookies I caught.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
6/12/18 @ 9:25 PM
woollyworm
woollyworm
User since 12/14/07

Just returned from another trout fishing trip to my beloved UP of Michigan. Had good success this yr fishing 4 brookies in many small streams I fished growing up in this part of the country. So sad to see the swarms of giant off road vehicles tearing up the trails everywhere I  went.  Areas I fished as a kid where I felt like I was off in the remotest wilderness , now all I hear is these annoying 4 seater monster's tearing down the logging roads and trails everywhere I went. Totally spoils the experience 4 me.

7/20/16 @ 8:21 AM
by the finn
User since 9/4/01

I fish the U.P. a lot with great success. Mostly in western end all the way north to Houghton/Hancock area. The streams are plentiful and hardly fished. Need to get a good top map and be ready to bushwhack. PM if need to.

6/25/16 @ 8:17 PM
Bozo
User since 7/29/02
I have fished the UP for trout. I stay in the Watersmeet area and fish Sylvania but I gotten a chance to fish the paint and CooksRun as well as the Ontanagon. I have had some luck on a Passlake or Parachute Adams. I haven't had a chance to do it in the last couple of years though. Where are you talking about? The Ontanagon below Bond Falls or the the Middle branch. Feel free to pm me.
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE