SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

Tenkara Rods

9/16/18 @ 6:35 AM
INITIAL POST
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

I am a experienced fly fisherman and recently purchased a Japanese Tenkara Rod, 12 ft.  The rod is a kick to use, anyone else tried one yet?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
1/30/19 @ 7:13 AM
milosuitable
User since 1/25/19

I have had my sawtooth for a couple years now and it still works great. My wife has ordered me the teton zoom and I hope to get that soon as it was a kickstarter program.?

1/21/19 @ 9:30 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

So do you plan to fish with Tenkara type flies? Tied in the sakasa kebari style? Or standard flies? PM me your address I can send you a hand full of standard flies I have tied.. if you wish I can send some sakasa kebari style flies that I can tie up.. 

1/21/19 @ 8:41 PM
Chemist
Chemist
PRO MEMBER User since 6/17/01

I just bought a 9 footer with an 8 foot furled leader. I also got a 4x tippet to go with it.

Can't wait to use it. I'm not a fly fisherman so it will be fun to learn about fishing with flies.  I figure not having a reel will simplify things a bit. 

My streams are pretty small which is why I selected a 9 footer.

9/17/18 @ 8:45 AM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Been using Tenkara yr and a half now..

Great experience

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE