SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

Rod info

9/20/17 @ 8:13 PM
INITIAL POST
Swconn
User since 9/20/17

An old fly rod was left in the house when we purchased it years ago. It is a South Bend Rod No. 53 Length 9. Had HCH or C written on it as well. 53-9' under that. Cork grip, 3 pieces with an extra tip, cloth bag in an aluminum tube with screw top. Rod is in great shape. 

Can anyone tell me anything about it and maybe what it is worth?

Thank you

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
9/30/17 @ 9:17 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

What I find interesting is all people that  (don't flyfish) find a flyrod or reel  think they found a gold mine.  This is very true on ebay.  Most of the used reels & rods list at a higher price than the cost of them was new!  The listing of the items indicates these people know nothing, or very little about flyfishing.  The value given, for your rod, is about right, but you have to find a buyer.

9/23/17 @ 8:18 AM
RockRiverTom
User since 4/27/02

Nice find!! Your rod was made in the 40's or early 50's. My best estimate for a 9' heavier weight rod like yours is $100-$125, depending on condition and finding the right buyer.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE