Musky Flies

5/13/14 @ 1:45 PM
ORIGINAL POST
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
USER since 4/4/13
Hello, Is there anyone interested in sharing some musky patterns. I actually tie a few patterns that are interesting (mostly tubes). Maybe a fly tying session somewhere would be cool. Live in the Milwaukee area.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
5/23/14 @ 7:13 PM
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
USER since 4/4/13
Hello , Thank you for the pics. Here are a few of my tubes. In my origlnal post I was seing if some folks wanted to get together and tie some. PM me if interested.

Post Your Comment
5/23/14 @ 2:26 PM
Jason Stewart
West Fork Jason
USER since 2/1/14
Here is a go to staple for my ten weight, a bueford pattern. Google "popovich hollow fly" to learn how to tie in the deer tail hair.

Hours away from musky season!

double bueford video-

http://vimeo.com/40496757

Post Your Comment
5/22/14 @ 8:22 AM
Jason Stewart
West Fork Jason
USER since 2/1/14
The picture in this post is of an articulated Fat Head fly, a trout fly really. I've used 'em to catch a ton of species of fish, they work great and are super easy to cast with an 8 weight. I tie a much bigger version for the 10 weight. Be sure to fish with a sinking line, like the airflo streamer max. Picture is of a pike b/c it's not quite musky season up here yet...Smile Saturday!

Cheers!

Here's a video for tying the fat head- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B28UbvNIW8

Edited on 5/22/14 8:26 AM
Post Your Comment
5/18/14 @ 10:13 PM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06
I bought my musky flies from Pat several years ago. He actually pointed me to smaller flies than I was originally expecting. They are effective in the right situations on the right lakes. I only use them for fish I can see, as you may expect.

I don't recall the names of the flies, but by their colors they clearly represent baitfish...like perch, pumpkinseeds, gills, bass and leeches.

Post Your Comment
5/17/14 @ 6:20 PM
burroak
burroak
USER since 6/26/01
I would give Pat Ehlers a call at The Fly Fishers. I know that Pat's son has caught a number of musky on flies.

Post Your Comment