How do you cope?

6/4/13 @ 6:53 AM
ORIGINAL POST
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
USER since 10/27/02
Here I am sitting at the shop, waiting to start my work day and agonizing about not fishing today, tomorrow, or even the next day. I am curious how you guys deal with not fishing. I am having a hard time...
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts
8/13/13 @ 9:06 PM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
I have a friend who now guides out west and builds bamboo rods and has a fly fishing show. When he first left college all he did was fish. Every day. This guy was so poor and just bummed a place on the coach when not in the tent. At one point he was traveling all around fishing for Cutthroat. He would take a tank and photograph the fish. His goal was to write a book on every species of Cutthroat. At one point I asked him how he paid something as simple as school loans. He made so much under the poverty level that he didnt have to pay them back!....

Post Your Comment
8/13/13 @ 9:04 PM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
You fish in the dark!!! Took me a while to figure that out but with two kids under five, a job, a house, a wife, etc. I do what I can do. The hardest thing for me is winter. I grew up in Wyoming and we fish all winter long - no matter the temp. I try to pass my time ice fishing but that only screws up my fly tying time.

Post Your Comment
7/26/13 @ 1:00 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Wish I could try to get sick of it.... Big Smile

Post Your Comment
7/26/13 @ 6:03 AM
Down2erth
Down2erth
USER since 6/21/01
Like everything else Dave, it would turn into a job/daily grind...

Post Your Comment
7/16/13 @ 4:24 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Have friends that really know how to fish. A friend runs a fishing lodge in Honduras and Colorado. Steve Brown, all he does is fish.

Great gig if you can pull it off. Smile

Edited on 7/16/13 4:25 PM
Post Your Comment
7/16/13 @ 12:55 PM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
USER since 10/27/02
Golden...I don't like you anymore. Just kidding. How does someone get invited to something like that anyway?

Post Your Comment
7/15/13 @ 12:00 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Haven't been out much lately either due to too much work and family commitments. Bummer when I have Blue ribbon stream practically within walking distance.

Was invited to a Pro Invitation Grand Slam Tournament in Belize in August, now I just have to convince my wife that it is OK.. Smile

Post Your Comment
7/15/13 @ 9:49 AM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
USER since 10/27/02
Wollyworm...my heart goes out to you man. May the future bring more cash and fish.

Post Your Comment
7/9/13 @ 5:15 AM
woollyworm
woollyworm
USER since 12/14/07
I only get to go trout fishing a couple times a year because I am so broke ! I wouldn't complain if I were able to go every week like you. So far this season I've caught 2 fish.

Post Your Comment
6/6/13 @ 8:23 PM
Keeper of the Gate
Keeper of the Gate
USER since 7/18/05
How do I cope? A pinch between my cheek and gum, and I'm all set!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts