MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Fly Tying / Patterns

10/7/14 @ 1:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Looks like the Fly Fishing board has been cleaned up and we lost some of the past threads that probably were not being posted on regularly. I am stating this thread up with Fall and Winter on the way and will post patterns and flies here that we can share. Anyone have requests are welcome as well.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts
3/28/19 @ 8:39 PM
Carpio
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

When I was in my pre teens and teens I was into fly fishing heavily for crappies. I tied a great fly by the name of “OZARK” anybody still use it!   CARPIO 

Post Your Comment
3/25/19 @ 7:56 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I will be tying flies at The Fly Fishers, Fly Shop in Milwaukee, at their open house on April 13th, 2019. Happy to take requests for specific patterns if people would like.

The Fly Fishers

Post Your Comment
5/26/16 @ 5:10 PM
TKfishes
TKfishes
USER since 8/23/09

I'll try this again only third time. I like these for panfish.

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 12:44 PM
Small creek big fish
Small creek big fish
USER since 1/19/16

Heres some congo hair bait fish patterns i tie up

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 12:42 PM
Small creek big fish
Small creek big fish
USER since 1/19/16

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 12:41 PM
Small creek big fish
Small creek big fish
USER since 1/19/16

Post Your Comment
5/8/16 @ 7:59 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Picked up a Copic Marker Air brush kit. Looks to be a better option than a traditional Air Brush for painting Popper and Patterns on Streamer flies. Going to play around with it, will post some results.

Post Your Comment
3/5/16 @ 12:33 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Over the last year I have been tying numerous crab and shrimp flies, along with a bunch of Tarpon flies. I was just down in Belize and two Permit fell for the mantis shrimp fly. When I got the fly where it had to be the Permit rushed the fly. Had one other eat the crab pattern.. That one did not end as well, my fly line was wrapped around my leg.. Dull

Looking forward to next month, as I have been invited to fish the Ascension Bay Permit Tournament out of Punta Allen.. The Tournament has very good goals..For the benefit of the children and schools of the Sian Ka’an Biosphere and for the conservation and protection of the Biosphere environment.

My Partner for the Tournament is a very well known, very attractive and smart female fly fishing person. Should be fun.

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 12:00 PM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15
Freezing cold out and no school today. My daughter is tying up some colorful steelhead/panfish jigs for the first time and having a blast!

Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
2/24/15 @ 7:42 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04
Most of the threads got mopped up. Too bad..." The most faded ink is still better than the best memory". Even digital ink

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts