MORE
Fly Fishing

FLY CASTING CLASS

4/10/16 @ 8:08 AM
INITIAL POST
burroak
burroak
User since 6/26/01
Southern Wisconsin Trout Unlimited will be offering their free fly casting class on April 16, 2016. The class will be held at Zander Park in Cross Plains Wisconsin. Class starts at 9AM and will have sessions on equipment, etymology (bug identification), in-stream technique4s, and tenkara fishing as well as casting instruction. Follow the signs to the class.
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
3/22/18 @ 12:55 PM
Jomoma
User since 5/17/15

Thankssounds like a great lead

3/18/18 @ 5:32 PM
Safe Hunt
User since 11/2/12

The Fly Fishers in West Allie on roughly 98th and Greenfield is actually world class.

The owner is Pat Ehlers and he is a great guy.  Stop in, introduce yourselves and ask if they can give some lessons outside the store in back.

they did this for my son a number of years ago and he went from zero to very good really quickly.

best of luck

3/14/18 @ 7:51 AM
Jomoma
User since 5/17/15

Thanks to those who replied with suggestions. Since Im new to the Forum I appreciate when others give helpful suggestions. I did find a local guide and someone who can teach her the basics for free. Also a pro who we can hire for guided trips and more lessons. Hopefully we will be posting pictures sooon. Fishing or steelheads this week.

3/13/18 @ 8:28 AM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

Orvis in both Milwaukee and Madison have a introduction 101 class for free, several times a year....     

3/11/18 @ 11:50 PM
beanbag
User since 12/17/09

You can just show up but you will be 2 years late and everyone will be gone.

3/11/18 @ 9:09 PM
Jomoma
User since 5/17/15

Do we need to sign up for the class or just show up?

3/8/18 @ 8:47 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Did you mean Entomology?  Or is there going to be a session on the study of the origin of words and the way in which their meanings have changed throughout history.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE