Early trout season that wasn't?

4/27/14 @ 4:56 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Jason Stewart
West Fork Jason
USER since 2/1/14
Stuck inside tying flies on the last day of the early trout season. Cold temps and high water sure has cut this early season short! On the upside, I made a couple trips down to the Driftless and Arkansas as conditions were much better down there than in northern Wisconsin. Tied this little muddler/bugger up with those driftless streams in mind. Cheers J
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
10/16/16 @ 7:04 PM
woollyworm
woollyworm
USER since 12/14/07

This whole season sucked for me. It'sgetting harder and harder to spend the money for  a license every yr. Maybe it's time to give up on trout fishing 4 me. I think the dnr over estimates the trout population, at least on the streams I fish.

Edited on 10/16/16 7:05 PM
Post Your Comment
4/30/14 @ 4:57 PM
Jason Stewart
West Fork Jason
USER since 2/1/14
"You didn't miss much in the driftless near as I can tell. I'd say we're hoping for a better May, June, etc, here too."

I thought fishing was really good the two weekends I made it south. But maybe that's b/c I was comparing it to the fishing up north... Smile

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 6:15 AM
Namvet
Namvet
USER since 1/9/09
Agree 100%. Was looking forward to a good early season start but it turned out to be a bust for me. The upcoming week doesn't appear to be much better. Hopefully, May will bring us a lot more chances. I'm not familiar with the Driftless area but look forward to doing some exploring next month.

Post Your Comment