SEARCH
MORE
Fly Fishing

Broken rods

2/4/18 @ 3:30 PM
INITIAL POST
Lastcastmaybeknot
User since 4/20/16

Anybody have any broken rods laying around.  The best ice rod I've had I made out of a broken flyrod that I bought at Cabela's. I wore it out and would love to get my hands on another or five

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
2/9/18 @ 2:16 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Mudhole has Ice fishing blanks and kits. I am putting a couple together at this time.

Nice high quality blanks and kits 

Ice Kits

2/8/18 @ 8:35 AM
MileMark_714
MileMark_714
User since 12/26/10

If you are in the Milwaukee area,check out Reinke Bros,they have a lot of oddball stuff like that.I made some steelhead ice rods from Fenglass tips from there in the late 80s.A little heavy,but will stand up to anything.

2/4/18 @ 4:11 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Fly rod tips are great for ice rods. I picked up some at the St.Croix outlet store last time I was there. I've ordered a few 40 inch graphite blanks from Netcraft that worked great also. They have both graphite and glass noodle rods that, paired with their guides and micro tips, make excellent custom gear. I saw off the glass from broken rod handles and then slip in an ice blank shimmed to fit, (I use masking tape and 5 min. epoxy). This recycles broken stuff from the other end of the rod too.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE