MORE
Fly Fishing

Bamboo fly rod

4/6/17 @ 4:43 PM
INITIAL POST
ryguyangler
ryguyangler
User since 3/9/10
At a garage sale the other day and I picked up an 'Indian' brand bamboo fly rod. It's a 5 piece if you call it that...there's 2 main base pieces and then 3 ends that can be interchangeable. Curious if anyone has one or knows what they are worth!? Really neat looking rod. Might have to take it for a stream run! Thanks for any feedback. My google searches didn't take me very far.
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
1/31/19 @ 10:51 PM
RockRiverTom
User since 4/27/02

Nice looking rod!

1/31/19 @ 5:32 PM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

He's a real artist... He builds all his own rods and several for fortunate friends...  

1/30/19 @ 7:17 PM
RockRiverTom
User since 4/27/02

Can you post a photo? Love to see it.

1/30/19 @ 8:16 AM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

I pickup up an old Southbend 5wt at a rummage sale for a few bucks.  Circa 1950...Wood was in good shape.  My buddy stripped it, refinished with new guides and reel seat and handle.  Gorgeous looking and casts Bass flies like a dream!......

1/30/19 @ 7:15 AM
milosuitable
User since 1/25/19
Doing some researching on the Ebay, I'm actually surprised with the price. It ranges from $90 to $650.
12/18/18 @ 1:26 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Purchased a new Ross Reel Colorado LT 0-3 to put on it, off eBay for a nice price. The backing and line should show up today. Nice small stream reel for a light rod. Very happy.

12/11/18 @ 10:10 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Nice rod Dave.  I'm friends with an older gentleman who makes custom bamboo rods.  The process is pretty fascinating and it takes quite a craftsman to do it right.  He gets anywhere between $1K-$2K for his rods.

12/10/18 @ 7:44 PM
RockRiverTom
User since 4/27/02

Beautiful rod, Dave. I bet you can’t wait to use it. Enjoy!

12/10/18 @ 3:52 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

A Pilot friend of mine that no longer wishes to fly has gotten into the wood working and Bamboo Fly Rod business as a change in career. To help kick it off I ordered a fly rod from him. I honestly didn't know what to expect. I just got the fly rod late last week, and WOW, I was blown away. I have to say, it is the most beautiful, and elegant rod I own (and I have a bunch). The craftsmanship is truly evident, he is even more meticulous than I gave him credit for. I just cast it.. it turns out it is a perfectly balanced 7' 3wt, which should be wonderful for the small streams around me. Pretty expensive, as I gave him $1,000 for it, but I am completely satisfied (I know he put more time in it that what I paid).

4/6/17 @ 6:12 PM
RockRiverTom
User since 4/27/02
Your rod should be Japanese post WW2 and not too valuable. Maybe $40 in really good condition. Use it and have fun with it.
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE