Wilderness Fish and Game Sauk City

3/5/16 @ 5:50 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07
I stopped by Wally's booth at last weekends fishing expo in Madison. I'm in the market for an item and price checked with wally at the show. He asked that I stop by today at wilderness, for there spring show and he would be able to work with me better. I did and Wallys price on the item was awesome. ( I wont tell what the item was out of fairness to Wally). Bottom line is I would rather give my money to a local business such as wilderness than a chain. I've purchased many items from there and they have always been knowledgeable and fair. Check them out when your in Sauk. Good shops deserve shout outs.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
3/8/16 @ 10:04 AM
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07
Agreed, many folks believe that smaller is generally more expensive. Not always the case. These shops will go out of there way to order an item for you most times its very comparable to the big guys. Much rather give my $$$ to the local guy.

Post Your Comment
3/8/16 @ 4:43 AM
Marc Morrone
Marc711
USER since 9/3/08
I agree - supporting those independents is a good thing. They are the places you usually find the unique, specialty baits, the things that really work.

And when was the last time you called a big chain to find out water conditions or how the fish are biting?

Think Spring!

(715) 339-4209
Post Your Comment