weightless worm rods

9/16/15 @ 7:23 AM
ORIGINAL POST
500sp
500sp
MEMBER since 4/4/10
Any members on this know where I can purchase a ( 8ft weightless worm rod spinning ) thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
9/21/15 @ 9:25 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
USER since 10/14/03
I've got both the Tidemaster 8' ML & M with each of them being great rods. The ML tosses weightless worms (senko, etc) a mile. I don't need it for skipping underhanded, but on clear lakes where smallies roam flats and getting it away from the boat is key. The ML also doubles as a great walleye rod - slip bobber especially.

The M is a bit stiff for weightless (my opinion), but is great for cranks & craw jigs. Being mainly a musky fisherman, I prefer the longer rods which is why I went that route.

sc

Post Your Comment
9/19/15 @ 4:44 PM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06
I am curious why an 8ft rod. While I love longer rods (I've always got an 8'6" or two in the boat), for something like weightless worms you are, or at least I am, generally pitching it underhand or skipping it to a degree, and an 8ft rod would be a hindrance. For general casting from a boat though, I see the draw as line pick up would be a breeze.

An 8 footer is going to be an unusual size, especially for bass fishing. I'm curious and ask because I hear weightless worm and immediately associate it with bass fishing, but I almost get the feeling you are talking about gills or eyes...so the actual targeted fish species and technique within would be good to know as it would make for vastly different types/styles of rod.

Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 5:02 PM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
I've got the same rod as Big Musky, that's also what I use it for. Also, have one of the Gander Walleye series rods that's also a 7'6", rated ML but is definitely a bit stiffer than that. Not a lot lost in terms of sensitivity but $200 lost in terms of price tag.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
9/16/15 @ 9:23 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
Most people would direct you to your favorite 7-7.5' Medium Power, Fast Action Rod.

I have a 7'4" G Loomis Bronze Back I use mostly for throwing weightless worms.

If you really want 8 feet, i would look at St Croix In Shore fishing rods... VIS80MF

Post Your Comment