Walleye Spinning Reels

4/29/15 @ 10:31 AM
ORIGINAL POST
FishHunt47
FishHunt47
USER since 6/10/14
He all. So I'll get right to it. I have a few trips planned for Canada this spring and am looking to upgrade my spinning reel. Right now I am currently using a Shimano Sehara and I love it. My second reel I have is a GSX Titanium 2. This reel I am not so pleased with. It's a ok for a back up reel but again not to reliable. So I've been doing some researching and I like the Quantum Smoke. Now usually I'm a Shimano guy but seeing this in carbon fiber really gets me goin'! I also really like the Shimano Saros. I'm not 100% on what I'd like to get. Let me know what you use and what you think I should take an interest in looking at. Keep in mind I have a price range of anywhere from $50-$120. Thanks in advance!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
5/17/15 @ 8:14 PM
Mr.Pinch
Mr.Pinch
USER since 5/17/15
A shimano symetry is my reel. Tough to beat for 100 bucks

Post Your Comment
5/6/15 @ 1:18 PM
Lucky dog!
Lucky dog!
USER since 4/1/02
Cabelas was clearing out the older model Quantum Smoke for $99. If you can get one for that price, you have the best reel in the $100 price range. I recommend the 30 size for casting. You can get away with the 15 size for vertical jigging, or panfish. Skip the 25 size, I have one, and the spool diameter is too small. The 30 size uses the same body as the 25, but has a bigger diameter spool. This leads to better line management and further casting.

I love my Ci4 stradics, but these Smoke reels are solid for their price!

Post Your Comment
4/30/15 @ 4:47 AM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
Okuma RTX, Pflueger Supreme XT, Quantum Energy PT in that order. Both the Supreme and the Energy retail above your budget but can be had all day long for well under what you are willing to spend if you shop around a bit. The Okuma RTX is the most impressive $100 reel I have ever used. Its as light and smooth as any I have used at even double the price point.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
4/29/15 @ 5:16 PM
Tommy Howell
NPAA105
USER since 7/11/11
Have you looked at the new spinning reel from Rapala?

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
Post Your Comment
4/29/15 @ 2:24 PM
Major Mark
Major Mark
MEMBER since 5/20/05
my favs(owned) for spinning reels, Shimano Stradic(6), Symetre(5), Quantum Energy PTI(1) (took a while to get used to the magnetic bail tho). I own 2 Saros, both units have spools that wobble on winding. I tried switching spools, still get wobble. I suspect shaft isn't true straight. Won't buy another. Symetre fits in your price range. Stradics are my absolute favorite, but above your price range. If you want to fall in love, pick up a Stradic Ci4+ FA, but considerably above your range..(be careful, if you play with one, you'll buy it..LOL)

Post Your Comment