Walleye/Pike Leaders

5/14/15 @ 10:41 AM
ORIGINAL POST
FishHunt47
FishHunt47
USER since 6/10/14
I'll be leaving for Canada soon and I have an important question. We plan to vertical jig walleyes this year, hoping to catch some walleyes but maybe also a big Northern. What leader do I use so the Pike won't bite me off. I would like to use a fluorocarbon leader if possible. Looking to use a few titanium leaders but THEY ARE EXPENSIVE! Let me know what you think, Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
5/15/15 @ 12:45 PM
fishen_soon
fishen_soon
MEMBER since 6/24/14
Bass Pro sells Terminator brand Tieable titanium leader material, 20#/25'/$21. Very good stuff, make your own for a buck each. They have higher poundage, but I don't think you need it. 20# is very thin and it is black. Hard to believe, but the Titanium leader material stretches, then goes back to shape. Maybe that is why you can tie a knot in it. I have seen that they are now selling a product called knot2Kinky that comes in 15# test, 15' for $11. Might also be good. I use only coastlock plain snaps on one end and a crane swivel on the other. Keep the swivel small, like a size 10, you don't need much. Have fun on your trip. FYI, I have seen it on Amazon also now.

Ches.

Edited on 5/15/15 12:47 PM
Post Your Comment
5/14/15 @ 1:20 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
I use a 80lb floro leader 14 inches long for my pike fishing. For walleye 10lb fireline crystal with a 8lb floro leader. Plan on lossing a few jigs walleye fishing.

Post Your Comment