Ulterra/Terrova Question

1/19/16 @ 7:50 AM
ORIGINAL POST
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
Do either of these trolling motors have the ability to be set in a constant on state, and then with press of momentary provide a burst of power? My Power Drive has has an aftermarket upgrade to accomplish this which I use alot. I usually set it to push against current or sustained wind and use momementary button to correct for wind gusts or correct drift. How would I use either of these trolling motors in this way? Maybe it is not necessary with I-Pilot features?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
1/20/16 @ 7:16 PM
Fletch Sweeney
Fletch Sweeney
USER since 1/17/10
BM12 as stated you have to use the remote for a quick burst to max speed, but if you use the cruise control the motor will automatically adjust up and down to keep you at the speed you want if the wind varies, and the auto pilot will keep you on course. I have the terrova, Its a pretty slick unit.

Post Your Comment
1/20/16 @ 10:12 AM
lvtofish
lvtofish
USER since 2/2/05
be careful with the alterra...know a few people that have had them bet stuck up or down. might want to wait a bit til the bugs are worked out.

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 1:42 PM
amstel239
amstel239
USER since 12/28/01
On the foot pedal you have a button you can step on for constant ON and a button for momentarily On. You would have to adjust the speed with a dial on the foot pedal. There is also a button to step on for autopilot. Otherwise the quick burst is on the remote provided you have I pilot. I have the terrova I pilot and really like but wish I had bought the Ulterra. For the automatic deploy and power trim. It would really be nice instead of manually doing it. Hope this helped.

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 11:23 AM
lvtofish
lvtofish
USER since 2/2/05
good question. I have never used the foot pedal. haven't found a reason to yet.

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 10:20 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
is it only on the remote, or on foot pedal too?

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 8:25 AM
lvtofish
lvtofish
USER since 2/2/05
yes. there is a button that boosts the power to the max if needed.

I use it more to give a sudden burst when trolling or dragging suckers.

usually the autopilot will correct enough for wind gust and such.

Post Your Comment