Billy Kats
USER since 5/7/14
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
6/18/14 @ 3:00 PM
wini
wini
USER since 3/27/06
Palomar is a safe knot and my #1 choice. However, I've been playing with a slip knot that you pass your hook or leader through. Works great with braid, but could untie with mono. Its on the internet as the "best" and only knot you will need.

Post Your Comment
6/17/14 @ 5:50 AM
rkloehn
rkloehn
USER since 3/20/08
Uni knot is my favorite for braid. At the end of my knots when I cut the excess off ill take a lighter and mushroom the little tail so it cant slip through the knot

Post Your Comment
6/16/14 @ 9:08 AM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
GVK is trying to help all the fishermen who "use only one knot". It's no secret that the knot maybe 80% of our tribe uses, has been the "improved clinch" since mono was invented. Poly lines are so fine they can slip when tied without the extra wraps of a palomar knot. How many of the previous posters actually tried tying the "GVK" knot? I gave it the acid test using 6# test camo Spiderline Braid tied to a one ounce bucktail jig with an extra heavy wire hook. The knot in the video works fine with no slipping and the line snapped at the knot just like cds said it should. The palomar knot should still be a knot every one who "fishes with one knot" should learn.

Post Your Comment
6/15/14 @ 9:16 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
another vote for the Palomar

I always tied improved clinch until my #2 son put me on the Palomar... now that is my standard knot as well...

Post Your Comment
6/14/14 @ 5:17 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I've been using the Palomar knot since braids first came out. It has not failed me.

I DO know that as a rule knots reduce line strength: It's the weak point. Why on earth would I put an "extra" knot in my line if I don't need it?

I looked at the last video,I won't click on this one. Paid per click youtube vid?...I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions when they're not put as "Listen to me - I know more than you"...Just the slightest hint of that turns me off.

Post Your Comment
6/13/14 @ 3:21 PM
poptop
poptop
USER since 10/1/03
I like the palomar never slips. plus you have double line going thru the eye of whatever your tying to

Post Your Comment
6/13/14 @ 1:59 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
Tie a Palomar knot. It is proven to be one of the strongest knots around and it takes 20 seconds or less to tie.

Post Your Comment
6/13/14 @ 12:32 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
i have my own knot that works great with braid

Post Your Comment
6/12/14 @ 9:22 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
You're starting out by tieing a fisherman's knot that, as far as I know, no line manufacture recommends. Tie a polymer knot and you don't have to worry about the knot slipping.

Post Your Comment
6/12/14 @ 5:22 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
i use one knot and never had one come out.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts